11 posts Page 1 of 2
So.. I've been doing some exercise and following a diet for almost a year know. Result: 40 lbs less. Although I was overweight, I currently weigh 149 lb and I'm 5 feet 11 inches tall. I do have some muscles from the exercise, but I feel I'm loosing too much weight.

Yes yes, I know, there are thousand topics dealing with loosing weight. But there isn't one dealing with hemp protein as a solution.

Hemp protein powder is rich with omega-3 and has reputation of the best vegan protein powder. It is recommended for vegan bodybuilders and it can help recover muscles after exercise.

Is it safe to use it regularly, on the daily basis? And if it is, which amount should I take?
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
Would really be interested in any responses you receive to this topic. Could I broaden the question by asking for any opinions on hemp oil and hemp seeds as well. You can purchase these products in Australia however due to bureaucratic "nonsense" you must sign a disclaimer verifying that you will not ingest these products if you're located in Australia or NZ. Would be interested if others purchase these items as part of their diet.

Thanks
Donna
If you are eating enough whole foods, starches, legumes, quinoa etc. You do not need to over load your body with protein supplements.
I'm not talking about having enough protein, I'm talking about increasing the level in order to build muscle.

The question really is - can we consider using hemp protein powder safe in order to achieve that purpose?
OMS started 15/5/2014
Just as much protein in flaxseeds as hemp seeds, and they are much cheaper. As hemp protein powder is the waste product after the oil is extracted, why not grind your own flaxseeds (aka linseed) and add them to muesli, smoothies, make your own 'protein shakes'.

Save some money, get plenty of omega 3, know exactly what you are eating.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
georgeezg wrote: I'm not talking about having enough protein, I'm talking about increasing the level in order to build muscle.

This is a myth marketing exploited that we need to supplement protein in order to build muscle.
Of to get you a link to read (one of many out there).
https://medium.com/@richroll/slaying-th ... f53585e778
thanks for replies everyone
OMS started 15/5/2014
Enjoy your workouts.
I have been working on my upper body strength at home, full press ups, one arm window ledge press ups and planks. Have been able visibly see the muscle building up (I have a lean frame). It feels good to get stronger.
Interesting stuff. I'm down from 85kg to 69kg on my OMS diet and love exercising. I paddle an ocean ski 2 - 4 times a week and play tennis and golf weekly and am going to the gym 2 - 3 x a week to build muscle and to add weight. I use hemp protein in a mix after every exercise session. I've used 'Thrive' as a guide, written by a triathlete who became a vegan in order to improve his performance, and full of good diet ideas even if they need adaptation to OMS. I note that in the 'rich roll' link cited above He says you don't need animal protein but doesn't comment on how much other protein you need to match what we were getting through meat...
My weight has stabilised but it's difficult to increase it. I'm about change to do more resistance vs aerobic exercise, despite enjoying the aerobic more. I'll keep in touch re the effect.
Many thanks for your reply!

I tried adding hemp protein in my fruit breakfast (by blending it along), but I didn't like it very much. I drink it with magnesium now and actually like it.

Still don't see much of a result, but I'm patient.
OMS started 15/5/2014
11 posts Page 1 of 2