5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I have just started this programme so trying to get to grips with it all. I have given up meat and dairy and following the advice about vitamin d/ flaxseeds/ low sat fat but I am confused as to if I am allowed meat alternatives such as those made out of soya and mycoproteins. Most of the products I have tried are super low in sat fat and seem ok ingredients wise but I can't find anything that says these sorts of foods are ok?

Also I have picked up my bottle of flaxseed as I was taking capsules but I am right in thinking I should start with 10-20ml a day?

Thanks in advance!

Rachael

Forget meat substitutes they are highly processed and don't taste that great anyway.
Basic tofu and tempeh is ok thoug
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I've sometimes had Quorn in it's most basic form. If it's made as a burger/chicken/whatever, they add stuff to it, but the basic mince just has egg white and fungus. Having said that, I haven't had it in ages and don't miss meat at all any more. There's so much you can do with fish and prawns or just leave it out.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
On the other question about flaxseed oil, I think it's about 30ml a day.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
But flax oil is best ordered straight from fresh pressing, shop bought really is usually going rancid.
5 posts Page 1 of 1