14 posts Page 2 of 2
hi Heather, you can use half evoo, half water to fry on a low heat, or I might use soy sauce with say my stirfries, and no oil needed then. Or dry bake in the oven, just with a bit of water splashed on, I line my tray with baking paper. You get used to the taste. You could add your flaxseed oil to serve. Hope this helps

Mel
Hi
This is a read on dry frying
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2458
Hi Heather
I use quorn to make my curry and my spag bol. I stirfry the veg in water, I then add the seasoning and the tin of tomatoes if required, I then add the quorn. It comes from the freezer so it also adds water while in cooks, I have found this really easy and the food does not stick to the pan. The people on this forum also recommend that you get a really good non stick pan.

Hope this helps

Nicola
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

'Nothing tastes as good as walking feels'

DX 2003, Swank 2004, OMS 2013, OMS Retreat March 2014
Frozen Quorn Mince can be stirred into a water-based vegetable/bean dish just 10 minutes before the end of cooking time. It needs no oil but it is bland without herbs and spices. I make a ‘chilli con Quorn’ by dry frying cumin seeds and adding water, cinnamon, red pepper, red onion, fresh grated ginger, carrot and garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes and red kidney beans, then adding the frozen minced mycoprotein.

Processed yes, but arguably more planet friendly than regular wild fish consumption and a compromise for those of us too wobbly on our pins to stand for long in the kitchen.
14 posts Page 2 of 2