6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have Primary Progressive MS but also have Menieres Disease (Inner ear / balance problem) and in addition to the OMS vegan diet I am investigating fasting as a means of improving my health. Anyone with any experience / thoughts ?
ooohhhh! I love the research around fasting. There was a documentary on the health benefits of fasting in Norway last night and I am hooked on the idea!!!!

Let me know how you progress with the research.

It is common place in both Russia and Germany I believe.
Fasting has had some publicity in the UK recently and this prompted me to look at it closer, I have found at least 50 books for reference and I am assessing the most promising. It will need some research and knowledge before starting but I really like the concept that you can purge your body of contaminants and place yourself in a position to start the healing process. I will post reports of my progress but I will be surprised if there is not someone out there who has already looked at this ???
Hi John and fellow Omsarians,

i remember this video on you tube about fasting and ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWyiYUu-Dk
There are more on youtube. Just check for fasting and MS ...

Good luck and all the best

Ruth (from Germany)
I have PPMS, and have done much reading on the topic of fasting. There are some promising studies on how fasting affects ms, out there.
I did my first 72 hour water fast last weekend, and a 48 hour water fast this past weekend. I intend on doing another 48 hour water fast this coming weekend.
I didn't have any problems, and in fact I felt pretty good. I attribute that to the OMS diet. I ordered the book, and should get it this week. I can't wait to read it, as I know there are still some things I could be doing better.
I don't see any difference after my two fasts, and don't anticipate seeing any for quite a while. I read that apparently fasting allows your body to eliminate dead immune cells, and once you begin eating again your body generates new stem cells.
It's not for everyone, however; I'm willing to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing that video 'Ruth from Germany' very insightful.
6 posts Page 1 of 1