12 posts Page 1 of 2
Yes, I am starting with the fasting. The mounting evidence in support of fasting for our condition and many others is just too strong.

I am doing the 16:8 one at the moment, and will later on move on to 24 hour fasting, so just 1 meal a day.

Only problem is that i am very skinny so I need to really eat a lot to compensate. I understand that this is allowed anyway.

I recommend this podcast with Professor Valter Longo. He talks about the fasting mimicking diet and MS ( amongst many other things of course!) https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/val ... 52437&mt=2

I'll let you know what happens. I'm also starting the Wim Hof regimen.

I need something, ANYTHING to help with my neuropathic pain, as it has been driving me crazy lately.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Hi

I hope fasting helps you. Do keep us updated as it would be something I would be open to.
Good luck
Valley
I've been doing the 16:8 for a few months now.
I've also done a 48 and 2, 72 hour fasts. Im currently doing a 3 day fast once a month to help reset my immune system.
I can see myself doing the 16:8 for ever actually. i don't find it challenging at all. My next move will be a 24 hour one.
A 24 hour fast does not intimidate me, but more than that...I am not sure that I could sleep through the hunger!!! Did you find that side of things easy to deal with?
Hi

I think whenever I have done a 24 hour fast I have my usual evening meal - then nothing until the following evening at the same. So I haven't had to sleep through any hunger. Am I cheating?

J
Excuse my ignorance but what is 16:8?
Fasting for 16 hours and eating in the 8 hours?? :))

I am happy to do that.
ZbojnickaLdn wrote: Excuse my ignorance but what is 16:8?
Fasting for 16 hours and eating in the 8 hours?? :))

I am happy to do that.

Yes, exactly. I've also been considering this, not because I'm in any serious pain right or extra symptoms, but because it's one more tool, I feel. Longo should be coming out with the results of some of his studies soon. There's also some helpful info on the Quantified Body blog where the author discusses his substitutes for the FMD-prescribed food...

I'm especially positive about Wim Hof. I just trust and believe that guy :)
I listened to the podcast. I felt like a lot of it went over my head. But I don't need to understand the science behind it in order to do it. I just wish that someone would tell me exactly what to do. Can you tell me when you are actually eating, what are you eating, etc.? Are you buying the Prolon foods or preparing your own?
I'm interested in hearing more too...
Diagnosed August 2015
OMS November 2015
OMS Retreat May 2016
Thanks for the link to Rhonda Patrick's podcasts - that's a seriously impressive list of contributors she's invited to talk!

I've a medical/physiology background (mainly in aging, and sport) , and have tried a lot of what Rhonda and co talk about - love a bit of self-experimentation, me - so my recent MS diagnosis gives me a damned good opportunity to try some more!

I generally try and stick to the one meal a day approach (5-7pm-ish, + 3 black coffees during the day), and find it quite easy to stick with, as well as it making me more clear headed and ?possibly less stiff in the legs.

I've done a week long fast before, which was kind of trippy, and apart from collapsing twice after standing up too quickly (!), found it bearable after day 3 and symptomatically beneficial after day 2 - lost 7kg in a week too!

So I tried a 3 day fast more recently, which was more bearable as I knew what to expect + seemed to have similar effects but without the collapsing. Aim to do this 2-3 times a year from now on.

I do Wim Hof for the meditative aspects and the cryotherapy, both of which work for me.

The OMS ties these all together, and acts as a standardised baseline for exploring and quantifying the effects of these allied approaches. There's citizen-research to be done here, people!

Looking forward to microdosing with psychedelics, if only I could find some!
12 posts Page 1 of 2