9 posts Page 1 of 1
I've noticed, when I eat, my energy level slumps. I thought this maybe because my body now uses what energy I have left to digest what I've eaten. So, I have breakfast midday, have a handful of grapes or something small mid afternoon, and have my dinner at 7-8pm which is when I fall asleep on the sofa.
Ironically, I then read an article that said fasting improves MS symptoms, and can sometimes even reverse them (not sure about the second one), which has sparked an interest in me for fasting... not the kind where you fast for days on end, but day to day, as in how many hours in a day should we fast. I'd like to try it out as this farigue is so so depressing.

I'm from the UK by the way.
Hi
What's your vitamin d level and have you kept a food diary?
There's a long thread on fasting somewhere.
Hi Veg
My last Vit D level was on 13.7.17 and was 182 nmol/L. I am quite bad at remembering to take them so end up swallowing three or four 10 000 strength ones when I remember. Bad, I know, as I can't judge what I should be taking, although I live in the UK and it's winter so not much sun, if any, so 10 000 a day should be about right.

I tend to eat the same things mostly. Porridge with fruit for breakfast, and a stir fry with salmon and a baked potato with my daily dose of flaxeed oil. Then I have soya milk with tea/coffee, or black coffee.
Hello Jenefar,

I recently listened to a docu-series on brain health. A message that came through again and again was that our brains would benefit hugely by fasting for 12-16 hours every day and by leaving a 3 hour interval between the last meal of the day and going to bed.

As regards fatigue, how long have you be following OMS? I found my fatigue improved a lot within two months of giving up dairy, and has continued to improve the longer I have followed the programme (coming up to 2 years). I do also mix chia seed, as well as Moringa and baobab powder into my daily shot of flaxseed oil & lemon juice. That might conceivably be helping with the energy levels as well.

As Veg suggests, a food diary might be a good idea? Or you could try eliminating food groups for trial periods? It might, for example, be worth trying a couple of months without gluten. It might also be worth trying to cut down on carbohydrate and sugar (including sweet fruit). Particularly the simple carbs are quickly turned into sugar by our bold. We then get brief energy spikes followed by long slumps.

I wish you all the best,

Jette
The Gut Microbiome is KEY to optimal health.
The OMS site & forum are brilliant! Thanks, everyone! :D
Hello Jette

I've been following the diet for about ten months. Thank you for the useful advise, I will try each of them out. It's just that I found after eating it would drain me so I thought maybe having the larger meal last thing might work better for me. I'm going to read some of the other posts on fasting too.

Best wishes
Hi there,
Professor Jelinek fasts one day per week,after an evening meal to the following time the day after.
It was in an old post somewhere.
I am thinking of trying it too.
All the best
Rose
Hi there,
Professor Jelinek fasts one day per week,after an evening meal to the following time the day after.
It was in an old post somewhere.
I am thinking of trying it too.
All the best
Rose
You can find the information on the MS translate website: http://www.mstranslate.com.au/collabora ... nek-group/ .
Scroll down to the video with the Q&A live discussion, which is about 34:21 minutes long. About 16:00 minutes into the video the question of fasting comes up and Prof. Jelinek starts explaining his personal fasting at about 17:20.
I don’t know where else this piece of information can be found. It’s not in the book, I think.
All the best to you all!
Zoë
Fantastic responses, thank you. I am still eating breakfast like a prince, lunch like a pauper, and dinner like a king, and it's certainly been working for me so far as I have more energy.

Looking forward to watching the link.

Sending all well wishes.
9 posts Page 1 of 1