12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello again everyone :D

I've been looking through the form for answers and haven't found a definite answer (or maybe just haven't looked hard enough)

Weekly how much fish is too much fish to eat? Like 3/4 days, all week? I could probably eat a different type of fish/seafood every night too much?

Any advice is great thanks ;)
Hailey :D - Diagnosed 2011 - Totally OMS 2017
I eat fish 3 or 4 times a week, mostly fresh water fish that I catch myself, (Trout, Wipers, Sunfish, etc.), the local limit is 4 fish per day, and a single fish will provide me with a meal, so I freeze the extras.

Some that I've read eat sardines on a similar basis, a couple that I've seen say they eat them daily for lunch.

I tend to use legumes for their protein as well, (or instead of I should say), on the other days of the week.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Great Farrier thank you :D
Hailey :D - Diagnosed 2011 - Totally OMS 2017
Hi Hailey. In one week there are usually only one or two days that i don't eat either some type of fish or seafood.
When i first started the presence of fish made it seem more of a 'typical ' meal to me.
I try to stick to smaller varieties of fish if possible. I don't often have oily fish on consecutive days which i hope keeps that in moderation.
Gradually i have found that meals are starting to seem just as complete and enjoyable in the absence of fish/ seafood.
L
Hi All,

FWIW, I just had a can (106g) of skinless & boneless sardines in olive oil over
6 cups of romaine lettuce with balsamic vinegar. It's high fat so this will be a
high fat day for me and it ends here! Starches and beans the rest of the day.
That's how I manage a lunch of sardines. I also use anchovies and sometimes
albacore tuna in water. But any canned fish is one -tops two - times a week, when
it's in olive oil.

Marcy J
Note to self: buy WATER based sardines and canned fish in the future
and drain and use paper towels to blot olive oil on remaining cans of sardines.

It's a journey and I'm grateful to be learning! :)
How is frozen fish looked on for the diet . I really only like salt water fish and don't have much time for preparing so frozen fillets in the air fryer is what I'm doing mostly . That or vegetables
There's nothing wrong with frozen food as loing as the thing that is frozen is free of nasties. Probably the best way to preserve it.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Thanks
Just make sure about all the ingredients in whatever you buy.

I used to like fish sticks, (pre-OMS), but they often have oil in the ingredient list, so they are off the diet now. Though I did think about buying cod fillets, and making my own, but the idea is better than the execution at the moment.

I think I'm going to try a version of this recipe. Fish Sticks

Ingredients
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips

And cut out the oil spray, baking the fish sticks on parchment paper lined tray.

I'll post my results on the weekend, (I think)!
Be well, live long and prosper!
12 posts Page 1 of 2