10 posts Page 1 of 1
Let me preface this by saying I have never ever tried dope - I have neither smoked; nor inhaled :)

But in my ongoing quest for pain relief, is there any proof of the value of medical marijuana in MS?

A relaxant?
A meditative quality?
Anti or pro-inflammatory?
Are you currently using either legally or on the sly?

I'm totally naive on this subject so would welcome thoughts.

James
Hi,
We watched a documentary just last week on just that. Sorry don't remember what channel or exact day. Very interesting though. In one state in US it is virtually legal with growers and shopfronts openly supplying. Right down to dope filled chocolates. Maybe a search might find a transcript.

Cheers,
Vicki
Yeah, it can be prescribed to patients in California! I've heard good things - mostly about effects on spasticity and relaxing nervous or tense moods. It's probably best eaten, as smoking it is probably damaging to the lungs like smoking tobacco (or, I'd guess, smoking anything else)
As usual Australia is the last country to approve anything .. Please have a good red of this => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sativex It is approved for use in the US and Europe which are by far more medically advanced than Aus, it shouldn't take too much longer for this to be approved (as its already been over 1.5 years) . My advice would be to grow your own which you are allowed to do once you get DR's approval and the police are informed as sometimes 'weed dealers; apparently spray it with fly spray and u can just imagine how much that would worsen our MS .

Weed is very safe and actually recommended for MS symptoms just be careful where u get it :)

Take care
I'm glad we finally got to Marijuana. My Naturapath was trying to get me to take it, but I genuinely didn't feel like it.

I'm contemplating it recently, though. Anyone have good experiences? The edible kind would be nice so that I wasn't smoking around the kids and coming in reeking of pot. It would be hard to explain after the thorough anti-drug education they get at school, lol.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
I can answer some of this for you. Sativex is available in Europe and canada but not in the united states. It's from the sativa variant of the plant which has known anti-inflammatory properties. Medicinal marijuana is legal in 14 states, one of which is my state and yes I do take it. I take it in a dropper form, mixed with glycerin. So no smoking is necessary.

So far I can say it helps with pain and muscle spasms and seems to improve my cognitive abilities. It lasts for about 6 hours but overall if I take it daily, which I do... The effect is general feeling of wellness. If I travel outside of my state and cannot take it with me, I do notice I get tired more, hurt more, etc... Overall I feel it's a better option for pain etc than heavy loads of pharmaceuticals with liver damage in my future.

Hope that helps!
Yes, In Arizona USA it is legal. It helps with tightness in the legs, and more. 3 years ago we could grow, now we have to buy from just a few lic vendors. while growing there was direct control over how it was handled, now we only get what the vendors offers. Its expensive and no control of chemicals or other things done by the grower.

The State of Washington, and Colorado have completely legalized it for everyone.

It should not be compared to tobacco smoking, as the large companies involved with tobacco do all sorts of things to make it more addictive, and more.

Also there is trend to heat the marijuana in vaporizers, which uses plastic bags to catch the vapor, this is very unhealthy due to the toxic chemicals released when any plastic is heated.

Overall if you live where you can grow legally, its a plus. It’s excellent for relaxing muscles and helps with meditation. It offers the possibility to get off of all traditional pain meds and muscle relaxers which are possible sources of contributing to leaky gut problems.
Mimi wrote: As usual Australia is the last country to approve anything .. Please have a good red of this => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sativex It is approved for use in the US and Europe which are by far more medically advanced than Aus, it shouldn't take too much longer for this to be approved (as its already been over 1.5 years) . My advice would be to grow your own which you are allowed to do once you get DR's approval and the police are informed as sometimes 'weed dealers; apparently spray it with fly spray and u can just imagine how much that would worsen our MS .

Weed is very safe and actually recommended for MS symptoms just be careful where u get it :)

Take care

Mimi, you imply that it is legal to grow and use your own marijuana if you have an approved medical condition in Australia. This must have been a recent legislative change? Is that Australia wide or just certain states or territories? Do you have a helpful link to any details? Just asking for a friend... :D
I think cannabis oil is worth looking at. Check out Rivks Simpsons documentary on YouTube.
10 posts Page 1 of 1