32 posts Page 2 of 4
All, just checking in to see your progress on these ABX. I've been on mino for 30 days and getting ready to start zithro in conjunction.

I truly believe ms is such a multifacted disease and there really is no one size fits all, to me I'm leaning toward the cpn due to ON 4 weeks after a tick bite with negative Lyme titer. The vasculitis associated with cpn to me makes sense that the saturated fats would accumulate where they do and why OMS eating regimen is so successful. So I will certainly stay with OMS eating style and get my blood flowing through my veins better with ABX, what a bonus! Best wishes
I started Dr. Wheldon's Protocal a week ago. I am committed to the OMS lifestyle as well,
I could not imagine eating any other way now. I have been following OMS for
two and a half years but still having problems. My blood test showed positive to Chlamydia
Pneumonia so hopefully I will have success in stopping further relapses.
Hi Maree,

I have tested positive, also. I'll be discussing treatment with my integrative GP in a few weeks' time. It will be interesting to hear of your experience, too.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Night and day difference on mino, I am looking forward to finishing the protocol, interesting how they recommend the diet 4 months before starting, it really couldn't have worked out any better for me, guess everything happens for a reason, getting a GP to prescribe me the abx would have been nice, but they're taking a 'wait' and see because I'm doing so much better. Sorry, you can wait doc 'I know what I'll be doing'

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/11/th ... sclerosis/

Best wishes all
Hi Everyone,
Can you tell me how you all got tested for CPn? My doc sent me for a blood test - but nobody was really familiar with testing for CPn. In the end I was tested for just Chlamydia, as in the STD - and I'm not sure if this is the same outcome. Anyway, the test was negative. I did my own test with N Acetyl Cysteine which I believe was positive. My doc is not prepared to accept the results of such a test.
I would really appreciate any hard facts!
Cxx
Hi Cinders,

I had blood tested for Chlamydia Antibodies: C.pneumoniae IgG, IgA and IgM. The IgG returned positive, and I had a repeat test about a month later, the results of which I don't have to hand.

My GP has followed this up with tests for Lyme disease: Mycoplasma serology (IgA, IgA, IgM), and Borrelia burgdorferi. Had the blood taken earlier this week, don't yet know the results. Will see the doc in mid/late March and take things from there, depending on the results.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Hi Cinderella,
Have you had a look at http://www.cpnhelp.org , there will be people there
from the UK who are more familiar with your blood tests etc
and there is a wealth of information there. Just ask if
anyone knows a doctor who will prescribe in your area and I
am sure you will find someone to help.
Maree
Cinders, in the event you test negative, give this to your doc:

http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/15862784

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3127230/

I have a feeling the minocycline movement will become a grass roots thing, along the same lines as the LDN movement. Stay at it & best wishes!
Hi everyone, in reply to tommy-boys query about how people are going with ABX, I'd like to tell you that I have been on the Wheldon/Thiebault protocol since September and all is good!
I have maintained the OMS lifestyle since 2009 and will continue. The OMS approach stabilised my MS & I experienced some recovery.
I felt that there was something more I could try. Then I researched the Wheldon protocol extensively and decided to add it to the already effective OMS approach.
It has not been easy. In fact it has been a rough ride. Things got worse (as they warn you). However, I am now on the full compliment of ABX and my husband and friends are noting definite improvements. They are commenting upon my improved engagement in interpersonal interactions, improved cognitive ability, demonstrated in such interaction. Personally, I note improvement in bathroom issues, which is fantastic as this has hampered my social life for some time. I am noticing return of sensation that I had not even realised had faded. My spasticity has decreased markedly.
I struggle with fatigue and mobility still, but this might be adversely impacted by sleep deprivation. I am hoping that these might be the symptoms that are improved as i continue with the ABX & OMS approach.
This is turning out, for me, to be an avenue worth pursuing.
It seems that there are many people, both in Australia and overseas, who are adding the ABX to the OMS lifestyle. Lets see where this takes us!
Thanks for the feedback Toni I was skeptical at first, but cannot refute the results.

Wonder if this could partly explain some of the occurrences in Australia:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC98887/
32 posts Page 2 of 4