32 posts Page 3 of 4
Hey Susan, Tommy and Maree, Thank you for all your good advice, I have spent the last hour reading / printing / researching your recommendations. I am now well armed for a trip to my GP (poor little lamb that she is) in the morning.
Thanks for your help,
Cinders xx
There was a recent Catalyst - Australian TV program on this subject which prompted lots of emails to this website, and this was my response after consulting Professor Jelinek:

The science is plausible, a little confounded by the fact that some antibiotics have neuroprotective effects independent of any effect on bacteria (minocycline, doxycycline). We are still awaiting some clinical trials before any conclusions about whether antibiotics might help through their suppression of Chlamydia.

Chlamydia is one of many infections thought to trigger MS, but definite proof is lacking, as in so many other areas. There are many factors implicated in the causation of MS, however there is much evidence that stands up to rigorous scrutiny that low saturated fat plays an important role in progression. I believe Mrs Wheldon is also following a low fat diet, with omega 3, vitamin D and B12 supplements. The antibiotics regime she is following involves a cocktail of antibiotics over quite a few years, so not a quick fix 'cure'. Minocycline is one of the antibiotics which is discussed on the OMS website and in the book.
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... d=a043ef40
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... dy+design/

Minocycline is thought to work in MS by mechanisms other than its antibiotic action. Until we know more, OMS works best!
Hi all,

I am starting mino tomorrow.
Went to see my GP today armed with the OMS book. She knows I follow the diet.
She was very receptive and had no dramas in prescribing. What a relief!
I thought I would have to battle but she was very open-minded. She knows that the wait and see approach adopted by my neuro is not acceptable to me.
Have to go for liver tests in three months for monitoring.

So will see what happens.
Thanks for that, Wendy.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Good to hear it went off without a hitch Jo. Thank you for the information Wendy! Best wishes all
Great to see some positive experiences here. I have been an OMSer since late 2009. I have been on the Wheldon/Thibault protocol for eighteen months with lots of positive improvements. I am now at the stage where I think I'm ready to move to intermittent therapy and see how I go. I am considering continuing with the Minocycline indefinitely as an adjunct to Copaxone.

I was having six monthly surveillance MRI's prior to commencing this as my MS was very active. I have not had a relapse or any activity on MRI in nearly two years! A big win for me.

For anyone wanting to test for CPn please use Healthscope Pathology as they seem to be more adept at finding this sneaky pathogen if it's lurking. For anyone on Face book we'd love to have you share your stories here https://www.facebook.com/ChlamydiaPneumoniae We also post articles of interest as they come up if you are after extra reading on the subject.

Cheers,
Vicki
Thank you for sharing V! Did you stick with the NAC suggestion while you did the protocol? Did your GP order blood tests along the way to monitor your liver function?
Hi,

Yes I have blood tests every six months to check liver and kidney function. I take NAC 2400mg a day and will do so forever to prevent re-infection.

Cheers,
Vicki
Thanks for letting us know Vicki, I have been doing the Protocol for nearly a month now, going slowly as suggested and
all Ok so far. Good to hear positive stories. :D
Obviously a late question, but after just learning about the topic, how do people feel about this method to treat ms?
32 posts Page 3 of 4