26 posts Page 2 of 3
thanks! I will look for the oil and just use this up so it isnt wasted. on cereal and oatmeal! maybe even in yogurt.

I've printed the summary.. now I should stay off the computer and finish the darn book! lol

you are all so helpful, thanks so much!
Grind flax seeds and sprinkle on cereal, oatmeal, porridge. They are very nutritious this way - a tip from Professor Jelinek who also uses flaxseed oil.
I really like the taste of the whole foods 365 brand for flaxseed oil, but I have only heard good things about Barleans as well. I've found that not all brands of flaxseed oil are created equal.
Wailua wrote: I really like the taste of the whole foods 365 brand for flaxseed oil, but I have only heard good things about Barleans as well. I've found that not all brands of flaxseed oil are created equal.

I've read that as well.. I will look for Barleans... I dont have a whole foods close, but if I get an opportunity I will pick up the 365! Thanks!
Wendy:Moderator wrote: Grind flax seeds and sprinkle on cereal, oatmeal, porridge. They are very nutritious this way - a tip from Professor Jelinek who also uses flaxseed oil.

I'll try it! Thanks Wendy!
Hi...

First, we are trying to set up a dinner in NY to get some of the "locals" together - I live in Morris County and there is another user on here that lives in Morrestown - in south jersey...will let you know when we finalize a date!

Second - on Copaxone - you should really not worry about your co-pay. Shared Soluions is amazing with assistance. I have another friend on it - she changed jobs recently and her co-pay/co-insurance went for $50 a month to almost $2000...she didn't realize it until she went to re-new her perscription and they said "OK, your co-pay is $5700 for a 90 day supply" - she almost had a heart attack - totally freaked out - and realized she would just have to stop taking it - but then she called Shared Soluions and the brough her co-pay down to $105 a month. They (like all the drug makers) have an awesome patient assistance program - they know that nobody is going to pay $25 to $50K a year out of pocket!
My husband grew up in Gloucester County. We still have a lot of family in Wash Twp. Does that mean that this board will soon be filled with NJ humor--aka lots of sarcasm and roll your eyes one liners :roll:

I caught that with the "get your own coffee" Mr. "oh but my SPIIIIIIIINNNNNNNE" :lol: " [KT]

I may live in MD--but I'm surrounded by Jersey every day.... (cheaper taxes though :P )
I credit my Jersey Attitude for my health... come on MS vs a Jersey Girl - no contest!

Now - I have had no problem with the diet until 2 weeks ago at the Jersey shore when I smelled the Sausage and Peppers Cooking - I DIDN'T GIVE IN - got myself a nice bowl of mussles marinara...

Wonder how many NY/NJ/CT/PA folks we would have to gather up to convince the OMS folks to do a retreat here!
Oh we can bring the Jersey!! :) and the sausage sandwich, guess what he first thing my hubby wanted at the Lakewood
Blue Claws game this weekend. and he DID give in. Hes doing really well but he definately isnt "all in" yet.. He'll be a tough nut to crack!
You are so right about the taxes!! If we didnt have the boatyard in NJ we would move to Virginia
ASAP!
It's wonderful to see you Jersey folk networking ... You are the beginnings of a positive support group for others in your area.

There is a USA based Facebook feed run by Rebecca Hoover that may interest some of you
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
26 posts Page 2 of 3