26 posts Page 3 of 3
Rebecca's is one of the 12 stories in George Jelinek and Karen Laws new book Recovering from Multiple Sclerosis
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
I will search Facebook for her... got a link? I'll search her name...
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Susan Doumbos wrote: https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.hoover.33?fref=ts

Thanks I'm in! :)
I have had MS for 27 years and have NEVER taken any Disease Modifying Drugs before. 4 years ago, I was told I was secondary progressive which I personally believe I would be even if I took this drugs. My neurologist told me 2 days ago that I am "progressing very slowly" compared to the average person on these "preventative" drugs. I personally believe it is as a result of totally following the suggestions outlined int the book. My opinion is that these drugs are being overly prescribed. There are many other options which doctors aren't trained on and don't care to research. Good for you for looking into your options.
How are my Jersey peeps??? It's been awhile! I've been coming back around as we are at our 1 year anniversary of Diagnosis and new questions have been discussed around the home again. I decided to check up on any activity on former posts and was reminded of all our NJ and surrounding east coast area friends! How are you all? My husband has had no further relapses or progression! We just had our third set of MRI's, (original, 5 month repeat and 11 month repeat) No new lesions! Still trying to get him to follow OMS 100%, he does well and we are getting there, but the no progression I fear is making him complacent, the original shock has worn off and he has talked to so many others living with MS that he doesnt feel so alone. That initial "I'll do whatever it takes not to whither and die from this" has been replaced with "I'm doing pretty good even though I cheat once in a while" Grrr!
connect if you'd like! facebook link below!

www.facebook.com/karin.tappertforsberg
26 posts Page 3 of 3