18 posts Page 2 of 2
Noticed comment by Michael re variability of consistency of Soy Yoghurt. I have found that King Island Yoghurt to be far superior that others and use it daily. I hope that you are able to find it in NSW.

Cheers,

Diz
Cheers, Diz.

the Gawler Cookbook and kitchen geniuses mention Kingland Soy Yoghurt.
I haven't yet seen it, but I have a reliable grocery to get boxes of Bonsoy.

it can be a niggle needing to make my yoghurt, but it does get VERY good when I am careful.
Dizzy,

Where do you find King Island soy yoghurt in Victoria?
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Whoops! Just re-read the posts and realise that it is Kingland soy yoghurt. I know where to find this. What I don't know where to find is plain soy yoghurt. I don't want to make my own because I use so little, so infrequently.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Hi All,

I too see Dr John Parratt. I find him to be an outstanding extremely positive Dr. He always has time to answer any questions or concerns.

I believe he is known to be at the top of his field and treats MS very aggressively to try and stop any progression. Hence why he only normally suggests Tysabri or Gileniya.

I was diagnosed in Oct 14 and found pamphlets on OMS in the clinic while waiting to be diagnosed. (Very lucky)

I found John supportive of the OMS lifestyle but only in conjunction with a form of drug treatment.

I am on Gileniya (4 months now) as there was no way I was taking Tysabri. Even though it has great results I have have had a history of anxiety and did not want to add this to the list. I just had my second MRI to set the starting point to measure future MRIs and I was disappointed to find that I had 2 new lesions. I have been in great health since my diagnosis with no symptoms of relapses and even losing 13kg thanks to OMS. So to see new lesions was a big surprise. Johns response was that I looked great and that the drug still had another 2 months to achieve full efficiency. He believed that as I caught it right at the start he believes the Gileniya can make my MS dormant (RRMS) of course with the help of OMS :)

Sorry for the long reply but this is my first ever post. I plan to stop Gileniya sometime in the future after a few years and the OMS program has had a chance to reach its full impact.
Hello,

My this reply is chiefly to Buzza, Ant, Lyndall and Tanootz.

Dr Parratt's comment about Gilenya seem okay — no magic cures, but giving it time.

I would find fresh lesions scary.

I have had a highly hypochondriac family background.

I was mis-labelled, rather than diagnosed with a psychiatric illness rather than a this neurological one.
For 10-15 years of disease activity.

I accept Tysabri as an OK option—my scans are good in response to Tysabri after quite a set of infusions (upwards of a dozen).
John is vigilant for JCV, and I want to stop it in good time.

2-3 years tends to be a minimum for lifestyle interventions to really start to add up, I remember from the OMS retreat.

Some doctors are in favour of OMS, some just aren't opposed; they just rely on what THEY can do.
The remainder, the opposition, do not seem tempting to try to get help from!

One interesting comment I remember was from a doctor with the Florey Institute. He spoke about Karen Law
who claims great benefits from OMS (she was in an ABC radio series). 'A sprinkle of hope

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/karen-law/3800938

He would not speak to lifestyle medicine other than saying that people's senses of agency and hope are vital.
People who just submit to medical treatment with a 'doctors knows best' attitude don't tend to do so well...

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. If anyone got a magazine about George and OMS from RNSH or Dr Parratt's offices at St Leonards, they can
thank the Gawler foundation, my partner Tim, and the staff present... :-)
Well give them a big thankyou from me as I got mine from the RNSH while waiting to find out if I did indeed have MS.
Cheers, Buzz.
I hope your news improves.
All diagnoses should be open to update, as fits a scientific approach.

Shrinks don't tend to update or remove diagnostic labels ... but they aren't really that scientific!
18 posts Page 2 of 2