9 posts Page 1 of 1
Please no judgement!

I am due to see nuro tomorrow after 2 postponements! Last time I saw her she was wanting to change my meds (currently on copaxone) she knows this causes me anxiety so suggested I have an MRI before making the decision! I am having a hard time as I don't want to change as I am scared of side affects but I don't want to get to 5 years down the track with regrets! And that my ms has gotten worse via I didn't change meds now!

I am having a bad week my son fractured his foot on Sunday, I have chipped my tooth and gotten my first ever filling and now dealing with my Nuro appointment...
Dx Dec 2008, DENIAL, OMS Jul 2011, Copaxone Nov 2011.
Why does your neurologist want you to change meds?
Are you having problems on it?

From what I read, and this is only what I think.. Id feel now is not the time to be going through changing meds. Unless there is a very very strong reason to do it right now.

I'd have the MRI, but more than that I'd listen to my body, and definitely find time to relax of do more meditation.

I'm on LDN and the OMS diet, both if which my neurologist doesn't believe in.
We unfortunately have to guess and decide what is best for us, I find it scary too.
One thing is certain though our best chance is through OMS.
All the best.
X
On the positive side you make no mention of how your MS is so it is not in the forefront of your thoughts so assume you are doing pretty good. I didn't read a reason to consider a change of drugs.
My MS is ok, most people have no idea I have it and it's now been 7 years. I have my ups and downs like everyone and when I stress it is so much worse! Lately it has been feeling worse than usual but I always seem to be worse when it is change of seasons and to be honest I haven't been extremely strict with diet even though I don't eat any processed foods, I feel I eat way too many nuts and have had a bit more chicken than normally! So not sure ... My memory isn't as good as it used to be either!
What is your vitamin d level?
It's your choice how much of the programme you follow but the best chance is from all of it.
Why not find out what meds are being suggested so you can then research them. It is an idea to check into rebound activity a med might have if you have to stop it.
Just saw my Nuro, the drugs are gilenya and tysabri... I have had no change in lesions but Nuro wants me to be better than I am! I can still function well but have some cognitive problems, I am having bloods done and going to think about it even more!
The bloods are probably to test if you are JVC positive if you are it rules out some drugs. May also include liver function.
Vitamin d can be tested for at GP surgery (UK) have vitamin b12 done as well.
Chosing medication is a personal decision and you wont be judged either way your decision goes. If you choose drugs they are like an another tool in your armour box in living with MS, I'd be wanting to fill that box up with as many tools as I could to go with any medication decision made.
Additional tools for that armour box:
Diet
Medidation
Exercise
Vitamin d

That's five tools you could be using.
veg wrote: The bloods are probably to test if you are JVC positive if you are it rules out some drugs. May also include liver function.
Vitamin d can be tested for at GP surgery (UK) have vitamin b12 done as well.
Chosing medication is a personal decision and you wont be judged either way your decision goes. If you choose drugs they are like an another tool in your armour box in living with MS, I'd be wanting to fill that box up with as many tools as I could to go with any medication decision made.
Additional tools for that armour box:
Diet
Medidation
Exercise
Vitamin d

That's five tools you could be using.

Well said!
With the blood test I'd get iron done too, and monitor it and watch out it doesn't drop too much and cause tiredness which is easy to mistake for m.s fatigue also as I experienced hair loss which really sucked.
Eating correctly we should be able to get enough iron out of our diet, but until I got schooled up a bit I wasn't eating enough beans etc which contained iron.
Just thought you might as well get this monitored too and save you the dramas I went through.
Hi,

Make sure to take into account risks connected with coming off those drugs..I am on Gilenya now for three years. I was really happy about it. No one ever informed med about rebound risks on either Gilenya or Tysabri. I have been ill over and over again the last 6 months and just recently had a simple infection for one and a half month until I took a decision against my neuros judgement. And paused my Gilenya.

I have now read about potential rebound risk and am scared of stopping on Gilenya.

Sorry for any potential spelling mistakes I am doing my sun session for the day ;)
Swanks Diet 2004, DX 2005, DMD 2005
OMS 2016
9 posts Page 1 of 1