4 posts Page 1 of 1
I just found out through an MRI for carpal tunnel syndrome, that I have MS. I have no MS symptoms. I am 55 yrs. old, and the Dr. said that I have had the disease for 'quite some time.' The Dr. wants me to go on either Copaxone or Tecfidera to prevent further lesions. . . . I do not want to stick myself with a needle, and I do not want my hair to fall out (side effect of Tecfidera). . . It has been a year since the diagnosis, my recent MRI shows no change. . .I am still not on any medicine . . Please, does anyone have advise for me?
First, don't panic. Second, take some time to read through more of the posts if you haven't already. You will find people's experiences with a variety of the meds as well as many who choose no meds and treat only with diet/supplements/meditation.

With no major symptoms, I would be hesitant to try the meds, but it is a personal choice. Checking vitamin d and b levels and getting them to optimal levels, as well as making dietary changes are important whether or not you decide to use meds.

Best wishes in your searching for information and decision making. This is a great place to learn and get support.
I couldn't state what Ellen has said any more accurately, but I can provide further input. You may not know it yet, but this may be a stroke of luck for you. If at this point your disease burden is negligent, research has shown it will likely be the course throughput. This is unless the culmination of inflammatory diet couples with a stressful event at some point and a major relapse knocks you out. If you embrace this program in its entirety, not only can you avoid this, but you'll improve every other function of your body as well. If you respond correctly, you may have just added ten years to your life. Buy the first book and read it. The science is sound.

Mars
Mendelssohn wrote: I just found out through an MRI for carpal tunnel syndrome, that I have MS. I have no MS symptoms. I am 55 yrs. old, and the Dr. said that I have had the disease for 'quite some time.' The Dr. wants me to go on either Copaxone or Tecfidera to prevent further lesions. . . . I do not want to stick myself with a needle, and I do not want my hair to fall out (side effect of Tecfidera). . . It has been a year since the diagnosis, my recent MRI shows no change. . .I am still not on any medicine . . Please, does anyone have advise for me?

Agree with MarsDennis. Adapt your diet to the program and try to get good habits to stick to the program. If you are on good terms with your neuro s/he should probarly be comfortable with adapting a wait-and-see strategy with perhaps another MRi in say 3 months. Make sure they do the spine aswell as the brain.
I think you will get used to sticking yourself with a needle, if needed and that it (compared to some of the other MS drugs) is not so bad and it will stop when you stop taking the drug ;) also with the hair-loss, usually it just jumps a cycle so it might be not so bad as it sounds.. I think it would be much worse getting f.ex. a second AI disease that won´t go away even if you stop taking the drugs..

Wish you the best!
4 posts Page 1 of 1