6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

As per sig, dx in December, now 93 days on OMS. I was walking and (although tired) blissfully unaware of MS in July. A relapse in August (overexertion in the heat) made my intermittent, hitherto unexplained foot drop constant. Relapse in December (I set off inflammation with an ill-advised supplement) left me on a cane with left leg very weak. Mobility, balance and some cognitive issues.

Met with Neuro yesterday. She suggested Ocrelizumab or Tysabri to "try to preserve what mobility [I] have left."

This left me feeling scared, pessimistic and depressed. I had gone in sure I would do nothing but Copaxone, but the insinuation was that I was risking too much not opting for something stronger. The other drugs all scare me to no end as I've never been a drug person.

Thoughts?
First symptom 2006
Diagnosed Dec. 2016
OMS Jan. 2017
You could get the pre drugs blood work done as your results may bar you from this anyway dependingg on pml profile.
Professor Jelinek in his book mentions it can take several years to become stable on diet. Given the choices today in your situation, I would personally take my chances with Ocrelizumab for the first couple years. At least one thing I would be concerned about is higher cancer risk so make sure you have all your normal testing done for a base line (ie mammogram and push for an ultrasound if you can) sooner then later.

Are you JCV positive or negative?

Just curious roughly where in California are you? I am in the bay area and just wondering which dr/ms center you go to.
Just to add in case it wasnt clear, that my wife has MS and we follow OMS very carefully since late last year. She is currently on Tecfidera and we are following all the other OMS steps pretty carefully as well.
Kappamaki, what supplement made you feel worse? thanks!
Love, Iness
Hi INESS,

I was trying to deal with some methylation issues, and ended up overwhelming my system with methylfolate. My understanding is that if you have unaddressed underlying inflammation, methylfolate can exacerbate that. This was pre-dx and pre-OMS for me, and inflammation was clearly rampant in my system.
First symptom 2006
Diagnosed Dec. 2016
OMS Jan. 2017
6 posts Page 1 of 1