4 posts Page 1 of 1
It's that time of year again... The last time I got a flu shot, I got MS a few weeks after. Well, I can't tell what caused it, but it does give me pause before taking another flu shot. That said, I sweated a cold recently and don't want a flu-induced exacerbation.

Does anyone know about getting flu shots? I've heard we should not have the live virus.

Thanks.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Alex,

You are correct about the "live virus" flu shots -- we definitely should not have those.

Also, everyone who has a cold or a flu is supposed to wait for that to subside before having a flu shot. So if you just had a cold, I would wait until you have completely recovered from that before having a flu shot.

Here's my personal take on flu shots -- I am a big believer in flu shots. I have one every year and have not regretted this. I also had the swine (H1N1) flu shot.

I do get my flu shot later than most do. Our peak flu season is in January and February so I like to get my flu shot about six week before the beginning of January. This ensures the immunity provided by the flu shot is at its peak when the flu season hits. I also get only the flu shots that contain no thimerosal (mercury).

Good luck to everyone on avoiding the flu!

Rebecca
Thanks. I got it. The needle seemed extra long this year. I suffered no ill effects.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Alex,

LOL, you are funny! I think they are making all of the needles longer these days. LOL

Rebecca
4 posts Page 1 of 1