4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I was diagnosed with MS in April, and the neurologist put me on Betainterferon. I had a Vitamin d test and found it was low, so I began taking 5000 units a day of vitamin D supplement and trying to get as much sun as possible. My GP just retested my vitamin d and it had gone lower!
She then tried to work out why I wasn't absorbing it, and she tested me for coeliac disease. Well I came up with one of the markers raised I have to have an endoscope to test for coealic disease in October.
Just wanting to know if anyone knows of a link of MS and coealiac disease?
Also any advice on combining a diet low in saturated fat AND no gluten - it cuts out a whole lot more foods!

Janice
Diagnosis Apr 2010, Coeliac Nov 2010. Procrastinated a bit. Fully OMS Sept 2011.
Janice,

I am wonder where you are from? Are you from the USA? If so, I have an idea for your on vitamin D3. I've heard of your problem with vitamin D before. Also, a related matter is are you overweight at all. I am asking because excess weight makes use of vitamin D more difficult. I'm trying to get the whole picture so I can see if I can offer some tips that might help.ing

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca
I am living in Wollongong, southof Sydney,in Australia. Yes I am overweight and have also read that makes it hard to absorb vitamin d. I haven't been able to get a script for a larger dose of vitamin d supplements and we can only get them here at 1000 IU per capsule. I have been taking 5 per day. Does anyone know, if you order larger doses over the internet do they have a probelm at customs?

Janice
Hi Janice,

I ordered 50,000 IU per capsule from the states a few weeks ago (George gives the link on his vitamin d page). When they arrived I had to pay some customs duty. Much easier now I take one capsule a week.
4 posts Page 1 of 1