3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I need some information please if you know more.. I don t know if stem cell can help my baby if I have sclerosis..I am pregnent in 31 week and I should take a decision about collection stem cells but if is a genetic deasese can be usefull for my baby or for another member of family?I know that transplant can be done from other person but I don t know much about a transplant from a member of family if the deases is genetic...thank you.any information can be usefull...
Hello Carmen,

I don't know if the quote below (from an article forum member Scarecrow recently posted a link to) will help you?

“The field has been very successful in identifying genes associated with susceptibility to MS, but I’ve never been satisfied with amount of risk that we’ll be able to explain with just genetics,” said Sergio Baranzini, PhD, a professor of neurology at UCSF and the senior author on the new study. “Even identical twins, who share the same genetic inheritance, only share an MS diagnosis about 35 percent of the time. It’s clear the genome is important, but environmental factors must also play a major role.”

Source: https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2017/09/40824 ... rogression

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope everything goes really, really well for you.

Jette
The Gut Microbiome is KEY to optimal health.
The OMS site & forum are brilliant! Thanks, everyone! :D
Hello Jette
Thank you.Yes my pregnancy goes well I am waiting the big moment:)
3 posts Page 1 of 1