3 posts Page 1 of 1
Read some good evidence about the relatively high prevalence of persistently low testosterone levels in male MSers recently, so thought I'd get mine checked - and they were low.

There's also some evidence for more veganish diets lowering testosterone, especially if soy products are used to replace dairy products.

And there's yet further evidence for the neuroprotective/neurofunctional effects of testosterone, amongst other hormones.

So I thought I'd try some androgen replacement therapy ...

... and in my non-randomised, non-controlled anecdotal clinical trial of one participant, albeit one who did not change any other variable during the 'normalisation of serum [testosterone]' phase, I have to say that I feel some symptomatic improvement: better mood and libido, but also - interestingly - improved walking distance with quicker recovery, and fewer sensory symptoms in my feet. I'll see shortly if symptoms recur if I tail off the ART.

Does anyone else have experience of testosterone replacement and its effects on MS symptoms?

Might be worth getting your levels checked ...
How did you go about getting your levels checked? Is it something that a normal doctor can arrange?
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
HI Geoff,
If you can't get checked by your Dr, you can get it checked here,

https://www.medichecks.com/hormones

Hope this helps

Brian
3 posts Page 1 of 1