5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I was wondering if their are any oms friendly, gluten free breads that anyone can recommend. I live in the U.K.
Thanks
Jacky
The Warburton range is OK.

Some bakers do good loaves.

But the easiest - as well as the most therapeutic - is to make it yourself, following an online recipe ...
Marks and Spencer every time! The sourdough is particularly good. I also got a nice baguette type GF bread from Whole Foods but cant remember what it was called
Sourdough bread is what I've been baking myself for the last 2,5 years. Because of the long fermentation process you actually make the bread more nutritious, break down the gluten during the fermentation - exactly what is missing in any of the commercial bread and ready to use mixes...for your bread machine. Bread made in just a couple of hours is not so good for your body.

For sourdough you only need (pure, organic) flour, water and bit of good (sea) salt. Okay, it can be a bit challenging in the beginning, but once you'll have your first good loaves, you'll never go back... and it is a good alternative to gluten-free!

Jbillaud wrote: Marks and Spencer every time! The sourdough is particularly good. I also got a nice baguette type GF bread from Whole Foods but cant remember what it was called
My partner has been making sourdough for the last 4-5months, and while the first 3 or 4 were more bricks than bread, which we now know was due to the starter not being strong enough to make the bread rise, the rest have been really good. Nothing better than freshly baked bread twice a week!
She enjoys the whole process too, and I enjoy eating it. :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1