5 posts Page 1 of 1
For the last 6 weeks I have been taking two 1000mg mg tablets of N-Acetyl Glucosamine (GlcNAc) a day. Something positive seems to happened to my brain over this period so I thought I would share the experience!

For the first 2 weeks or so of taking the N.A.G. I felt distinctly dizzy within an hour or so of taking the pill. The dizziness lasted 1-2 hours but wasn't seriously unpleasant. I just had to hold on to things from time to time. It helped to take the glucosamine with Vitamin D and with food.

Improvements suddenly became noticeable about three weeks in. I felt much more myself. The sensation of my head floating somewhere vaguely above my body and finding it a bit of a struggle to connect the two disappeared. I felt much more clear-headed, able to focus my thoughts better, find words more easily, hold things in my head and so on. People around me have commented that I seem much more like my old self.

My balance also seems to have improved. I still wouldn't win any prizes for walking in a straight line but the world appears to have stopped spinning out of control when I bend down or move my head quickly.

During this period of taking this supplement there have been no other changes to my daily regime / diet / supplements or medication (not receiving any Disease Modifying Treatment). So I am inclined to think that the glucosamine supplements have had a positive effect.

I learnt about N-Acetyl Glucosamine from marsdennis's post about research (1) done at the Multiple Sclerosis Research Centre at The University of California at Irvine and subsequently read George Jelinek's comment (2) that N-Acetyl Glucosamine appeared the most promising of the glucosamines.

I bought my N-Acetyl Glucosamine (N.A.G.) from:
https://www.biocare.co.uk/n-a-g-n-acety ... ne-60-caps

Jette

1) "This suggests that oral vitamin D3 and GlcNAc may serve as the first therapy for MS that directly targets an underlying defect promoting disease"
from: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 115313.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(2) Glucosamine
"Glucosamine, an extract from the shells of shellfish, is sold in capsule form at most health food shops. Recently it has been shown in experimental animals to produce a shift in the balance of the Th1/Th2 immune response toward a suppressive Th2 response, and to significantly suppress EAE (the animal form of MS) in the laboratory. The authors suggested a potential use for glucosamine, either alone or in combination with disease-modifying drugs, to enhance their benefit and reduce their doses in MS and possibly other autoimmune disorders. N-acetyl glucosamine appears to be the most helpful form."
from: https://overcomingms.org/ms-a-to-z/ms-e ... ts-and-ms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Gut Microbiome is KEY to optimal health.
The OMS site & forum are brilliant! Thanks, everyone! :D
Happy to hear of the improvement, that is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I will discuss this with my neuro and MS nurse at the next visit, and share their thoughts on the board.
Great news about the improvement and may they continue unabated so that your health is restored.

I invested in NAG for 12 months in 2012 but really couldn't say whether it worked or not. Certainly I experienced periods of improvements but then periods of unwellness too.
Blessings
Alex

Developed 5 May 2011, Diagnosed 4 Aug 2011, OMS 15 Sept 2011, Gluten-Free 22 February 2012, Recovery declaration 2 September 2014
Bleeding and bruising are among the potential side effects of N-Acetyl glucosamine, according to MedlinePlus. Patients who have bleeding tendencies and clotting disorders should be careful and cautious when using glucosamine Weight gain supplements for men online since glucosamine possibly affects blood clotting by slowing it down.
I am investigating this as another option to seal a lwaky gut. Many thanks for posting youe experiences Jette
5 posts Page 1 of 1