4 posts Page 1 of 1
Can anyone clarify if it is indeed possible for the body to process VD in the winter months if you are above a certain latitude? I have been sitting outside on sunny days unsure of if it is helping in February in the far north.
I honestly don't know - I combine it with exercise by walking outside, so at least I know the exercise and seeing green space is doing me some good
Please read 'How Much Sun Is Enough?' in Sunlight and Vitamin D under Recovery Program: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/Recovery-Program/Sunlight-and-Vitamin-D/
We don't get much sun. As such, I have been supplementing with 10,000/day for the past 8 months. I just got my results back as 87ng/mL, which I believe is 217nmol, so slightly high perhaps, but within the target range.

And if there were any VitaminD to synthesize, my fair skin which burns in 10 mins in summer would do it.

I recommend supplementing on the high side and then testing. Incidentally, my initial Vitamins test was around 13 or 31nmol, so I've come a long way. I wish I'd done a large one-off dose, but didn't know and started with 5000/day.

Interestingly enough, my lab company lists the normal range as 30-100 (73 - 244), so things are moving.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
4 posts Page 1 of 1