20 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

Well I've been feeling fatigued for a few years, I thought this was because of having two young children.

Now I think differently, I think it was my low vitamin d.

About a year ago I was 50 in my blood test, then after months of taking 1-3, 1000 unit vit d pills, I got to a poor 80.
Then I did the megadose of 150,000 and 5,000 daily after, this was about 10 days ago and I feel like I have so much more energy. I usually nap in the afternoon, not any more.

I'll do a blood test in 6 months at the end of winter.

I'm feeling great, I'm so glad to be told about the importance of vitamin d and how to get your levels up!

Thanks
That was exactly my experience, when I got my vitamin D right with a megadose of 150,000IU, I felt so much better. That was 2 years ago. I keep my levels around 225 nmol/L with supplements and sunshine.

I look back now, at how desperately bone tired I felt and how depressing that was, and how it stopped me doing very much at all.

I think this was the first sign to me that the OMS program works and really spurred me on to implement all the other aspects. I do feel the benefits and so does my husband as he says my temper has improved :-)

Wendy
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Wendy, good for you. I was too chicken to take a mega dose so I only experienced it slowly. I've wondered about fatigue and VitaminD before. I'm not the only one who experienced insomnia for the first time in years after getting my vitamin D up.

To be clear to everyone, though. I'm not without fatigue. I just have it less and in waves.

Alex
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
In what form did you take megadose? Simply taking so many pills at once or is there an injection with that dose or something like that? I wonder because fatigue is one of my worst simptoms of MS and I'd love to shake it off if possible.
I took pills and it worked very quickly for me. It really is a one off but if you don't like taking that many at once, spread them out over the day. Others found that they needed a couple more high dose days (say 60,000IU) to get their levels right up there. I have both 10,000IU and 50,000IU tablets so larger dose ones are available.

Wendy
Wendy

Thank you for your answer Wendy.
I have ordered Solgar 5000IU pills and still waiting for them to deliver. Do you think I would be unwise to take 30 of those at once and then continue just one a day? It sounds insane to me, but I'm not sure I can afford ordering another box of the 50 000 dose.
i think you would be very wise to take them all at once, as a 150,000IU megadose is what Prof Jelinek recommends. It is only once and it gets you well on the way with this program.

5,000IU per 50kg is the daily dose. Adjust it if you weigh a bit more. I take 50,000IU per week (= 7,000IU per day as I weigh 60kg).

Wendy
Wendy

I'm determend to take the megadose, it is just the 30 pills that I'm concerned about. I can't imagine 30 candies in my stomach, not to mention 30 pills :lol:
U can get D3 in liquid form. (bioceuticals brand here). 1 drop = 1000iu. It's actually quite pleasant tasting too, even in water, so I will stick to it. I try to avoid capsules whenever possible (usually theyre from animal sources, & I read a study somewhere that reckoned an ingredient in capsules was affecting the study result). Actually, CQ10 is the only thing I haven't found in loose form yet, but I haven't searched (they they have vege oil & other stuff in the CQ10 capsules I have).
I just got my blood test results of 170, I'm very happy with that. I'm glad I did the megadose of 150,000 twice two weeks apart, then 10,000 daily. Plus a bit of sun when it's out.

Yah!
20 posts Page 1 of 2