3 posts Page 1 of 1
Professor Jelinek

I am a newcomer on this site, so I excuse myself if asking things that may have been answered already. However, I consider this a pretty big leap of faith so I thought I ask the most authoritative source. I have a few questions to ask about the vitamin D megadose.

1) Isn't the megadose dangerous?
2) Wouldn't it cause cardiac, coronary or arterial complications?
3) I would have a megadose of 10 ml 180000 IU of D3 Cholecalciferol. What would be the best procedure: take it all in one or divide it in few doses throughout the day? I plan to follow that megadose with a daily dose of 7000 IU. My weight is 77 kg. Would that be enough?
4) After the megadose should I go easier with tofu, soy milk and other calcium sources?
5) After how many weeks should I check (just in case) for hypercalciuria?
6) After how many weeks should I recheck my D vitamin levels?

The lab test showed my 25 hidroxi vitamin D to be at 23 ug/l. The optimal level given by the lab is > 30.

Thank you very much and congrats for the extraordinary work. It is light years away of what we get from the “official” MS community.

Diagnosed in 2004 with ICS, confirmed after two relapses in 2012 (mild ones).
Hi welcome!
horatian wrote: Professor Jelinek

I am a newcomer on this site, so I excuse myself if asking things that may have been answered already. However, I consider this a pretty big leap of faith so I thought I ask the most authoritative source. I have a few questions to ask about the vitamin D megadose.

1) Isn't the megadose dangerous? No, you will find this is covered in George's book and if you do a search on this site it has been covered many times so that will be helpful. Also for your own peace of mind do a search on google under "Vit D Toxticity" . this is a start http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

2) Wouldn't it cause cardiac, coronary or arterial complications? Your research above will help answer this

3) I would have a megadose of 10 ml 180000 IU of D3 Cholecalciferol. What would be the best procedure: take it all in one or divide it in few doses throughout the day? I plan to follow that megadose with a daily dose of 7000 IU. My weight is 77 kg. Would that be enough? You can take it all at once or split it, it doesn't matter.

4) After the megadose should I go easier with tofu, soy milk and other calcium sources? No, it does not cause problems with calcium at the levels we take.

5) After how many weeks should I check (just in case) for hypercalciuria? You don't need to check

6) After how many weeks should I recheck my D vitamin levels? The lab test showed my 25 hidroxi vitamin D to be at 23 ug/l. The optimal level given by the lab is > 30. Your levels are very low and may need more than one megadose to get into the correct range for us, with your level I would do it after 3 months. Remember that for those of us with MS the lab recommended level is way too low. You will probably need a couple of megadoses and ?? per day. We all seem to use up Vit D differently so the only way is to test it and dose until you get in the right range and then find the amount per day to maintain it

Thank you very much and congrats for the extraordinary work. It is light years away of what we get from the “official” MS community.

Diagnosed in 2004 with ICS, confirmed after two relapses in 2012 (mild ones).
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thank you very much.
3 posts Page 1 of 1