12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi guys,

I'm new to your forum here, and will post what I post yesterday on the facebook page of Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis as I think t's good information and not know by many people still:

Hi everyone,
I found out about Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis yesterday only and really liked what I saw.
I would like to know if any of you guys know about a treatment created by Prof Dr Cicero Galli Coimbra, a Brazilian Neurologist, Professor and Researcher from Universidade Paulista de Medicina in São Paulo (Unifesp) where he applies high doses of Vitamin D3 together with other supplements (DHA/omega 3, vitamin B12, magnesium, etc...)
There are thousands of patients following his treatment and I never seem a case where it didn't work.
The results are quite positive and by successfully following the treatment patients manage to stop the progression of MS and have a normal life (apart from keeping the vitamin and special diet for life... dairy have to be completely avoided due to the high doses of vitamin D3)
Of course, this is not a cure it's a life-long treatment.. but at least it stops the progression and in many cases even revert back some (sometimes all) of the brain lesions.

There are a couple of videos on youtube, recorded by some of his patients in a tentative to spread the word and go against the big pharmaceutical companies that try to hide the efficiency of the Vitamin D3 hormone.

Please check both videos below if you would be interested to know more, there are English subtitles available in both of them, just need to activate it there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erAgu1XcY-U

This one is about patients with over 10 years of treatment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQN32qR_M2Y

The patients are also on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/190960337581683/

closed group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/528624870516079/

I am a patient myself so just trying to bring this information for the ones that may not know, hope it helps more people :)

The earlier the person starts the treatment the better results you will get...

By the way, he also applies the protocol for different autoimmune deceases and have different doctors that either work in his team or separately but were trained by him and now apply his protocol also. Here is a recent study published by one of Dr Cicero's teammates, Dr Danilo Finamor... you can see more details of the treatment with different autoimmune deceases also: http://www.landesbioscience.com/journal ... _text=true

Cheers
Yet more cases of PwMS winning the fight with dietary changes - omega 3, vitamin D & B12, eliminating dairy.

Professor Jelinek also recommends a low saturated fat plant based diet, exercise, meditation - doing whatever it takes to recover from MS.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Thanks for the link to this Neuro. It just goes to show that the evidence is out there isn't it. These doctors including George are doing such a fine job in helping people and eventually the rest of the profession will be forced to sit up and listen.

It just goes to show that not all Neurologists can be put in the same category, this one and I am sure many others are really on to it.

I found it interesting how high the daily doses of Vit D was per day. He said also that while monitoring the patients he aimed for right at the top of the blood level range and was getting very good results with other autoimmune diseases as well.

We know the OMS Program is very effective in helping other autoimmune conditions too.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Yes that's it... like I said I found out about this website only yesterday but was amazed with what I saw...
There are many similarities between Dr Cicero's protocol and the OMS Program!
I will definitely buy the book and start following some of the points from the OMS Program, like Meditation that I started last evening :). Really hard the first time and ended up falling asleep haha but definitely believe on its power!
Dr Cicero's protocol also suggest that patients avoid meet (beef, pork and chicken) as much as possible... apart from other diet suggestions and recommendations for a more effective result.

Just want to make it clear again that the treatment with high doses is done together with a Doctor and frequent blood + urine tests... it's not something that a person should start on his own.

Regards
Very convincing. Thanks for sharing gmac353.

I hate the fact that the medical community ignore these kinds of information.
Ok: there are "good" neurologists, but most....Terrible.

The medical world: just money cares. Every time again and again.
But there are people like Jelinek. Thanks god.

Jossi
I wasnt able to find the full protocol but it is very interesting that he has come to similar conclusions when looking at similar data as docs like George. Meat etc is an example.

You will find in George's book info on vitD that explains how to manage your levels and many of us have done megadoses and regulate our own levels because many GPs refuse to do it because of outdated guidelines.

Cicero also referrenced M Holick and his book although some info in his book needs to be updated when weighed against later research it is still an exceptional resource for understanding how vitD works.

Enjoy the OMS book!

gmac353 wrote: There are many similarities between Dr Cicero's protocol and the OMS Program!
I will definitely buy the book and start following some of the points from the OMS Program......
Dr Cicero's protocol suggest that patients avoid meet (beef, pork and chicken) as much as possible... apart from other diet suggestions and recommendations for a more effective result.

Just want to make it clear again that the treatment with high doses is done together with a Doctor and frequent blood + urine tests... it's not something that a person should start on his own.

Regards
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I'm not sure if the full protocol is online or available only to patients... as a doctor is absolutely necessary to follow I think it's not public to avoid self medication with the high doses... but I can double check that if you are interested.

You mentioned about Dr Michael Hollick's book and recent researches ... that's true, also Dr Cicero's protocol is updated sometimes as the researches progress and new things are discovered. For example, Vitamin K2 is being discussed to be part of the protocol... there are some patients using it also.

By the way, Dr M Hollick will be in Brazil and together with Dr Cicero they will be in an audience with the Brazilian Government to discuss the importance of Vitamin D to public health, you can see that on the following link: http://www.camara.gov.br/proposicoesWeb ... cao=576368

Things have started to move in Brazil... hopefully we'll have good results soon. I hope it happens in all countries at some point.

Thanks,
I just started the treatment of Dr. Cicero Coimbra last week in Spain with a Dr. that follows his protocol. Hopefully this protocol will help me too. I already was following OMS guides. Let me know if you need any answer. My website is tengomultipleesclerosis.com (only spanish for now).
Would it be possible to get a summary here of the protocol? I am very interested to see not only the vitamin D recommendations, but also the other vitamins. Thanks! And thanks for posting the videos. They are encouraging testimonials. A statistical paper in english would be an awesome read. If you know of any, please let me know as well. Thanks very much.
PPMS: Right hand numbness 2009; increasing symptoms 2011; diagnosis 2013; OMS Dec 2013; Stable since 2013; Started Coimbra high vitamin D therapy May 2016.
Is there a link to something in English to tell me more please. All of those links seem to come up in a foreign language!
12 posts Page 1 of 2