13 posts Page 2 of 2
Interesting, I paid for my DNA testing and I do not carry any of the MS genetic markers. May just be one of those things we'll never know.
DNA testing for ms?! Very dubious and carrying a lot of baggage.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2008 ... ics.health
Sue,
I know what you mean and have been asking myself the same question.
I have been a vegetarian for about 10 years and in a good physical shape overall. I took care of myself to prevent cancer since my father died of it. However, I still got cancer (I'm a 4 year survivor now) and then a mild MS on top of it.
So how come other people with much worse diets and lifestyle don't get these serious diseases? As someone else mentioned here, they might get diabetes or something else or it's just a question of time for them. Also, some MS might be flying under the radar becuase it's so difficult to diagnose.
Or maybe we are more sensitive to MS triggers than other people. I did eat dairy almost daily before going strictly OMS last October and didn't deal with stress well.
I look at both the cancer and MS diagnoses as my body telling me I was doing something wrong. So in a way, I'm grateful for these wake-up calls and the chance to take action before it's too late.

Take care.
13 posts Page 2 of 2