4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have been doing the programme since November 2013 and have supplemented with 10 000IU a day right from the start.

I have only just got around to actually checking my levels with a blood test, having never done so before, and I was pleasantly surprised by the results - 191.2nmol/L - which, from what I gather, is optimal level? I live in the (not so sunny) UK, so spring is just around the corner.

I am just wondering if I should stick to the 10,000IU a day or reduce slightly? And when would a further blood test be recommended?

Thanks for any advice
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
Sorry, I meant to say that I think, from what I have read on this site, that perhaps moving to 5,000IU a day may be best?
Jen x

191nmol/L is a very good level - staying around the high normal level of 200nmol/L gives you a good buffer in case your level drops for some reason.

5000IU is the recommended dose for someone weighing 50kg, so adjust this dose based on what you weigh (and subsequent blood tests). Test again in 6 months and if you are stable, then annually after that.

I weigh 60kg and need 7000IU/day to maintain 200nmol/L.
Brilliant, thanks for the reply, Wendy :)
Jen x

4 posts Page 1 of 1