2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I have been reading about recommended Magnesium blood concentrations and found that 'excessive' Vitamin D levels reduce the absorption of Mg. This interests me as I get cramping in my legs, and recently heard that my great-aunty suffered from Restless Leg Syndrome, which I understand is due to Mg deficiency.

I have not been able to find what the recommended blood concentration for Mg is, what the RDI of Mg is, or what is regarded as an 'excessive' Vitamin D concentration is, but I would appreciate any comments/insights people may have, as Mg deficiencies appears to be related to a range of conditions, including anxiety/nervousness, heart attacks, restless leg syndrome (I understand mg helps to dilate the blood vessels?).

Many thanks,
Hi thanks for the post. I was wondering about magnesium myself so did some trawling. This is an interesting explanation encompassing Vit D, Magnesium and calcium: http://www.westonaprice.org/The-Miracle ... min-D.html The article mostly concurs with George's views on Vit D. Interesting info on other two in relation to the level of Vit D we are aiming to maintain, ie it is important to maintain calcium and magnesium levels as well.

Cheers,
Vicki
2 posts Page 1 of 1