9 posts Page 1 of 1
Can anyone please offer advice on where to source high dose vit d supplements in uk? I ordered 5,000iu capsules from Puritans Pride but discovered after they arrived that they have corn oil in which I believe is a no-no?

Many thanks!
Hilary
I order Healthy Origins Vit D (10,000iu) from Amazon.

Rachel
Like Rachel I get Healthy Origins vitamin D3 from Amazon (5,000iu capsules for me)
i got them from bigvits.co.uk , also great service to Holland.
The Puritans Pride D3 capsules contain corn oil and soybean oil which are to be avoided; but to put this into perspective - 1 capsule contains 5000IU vitamin D and up to 1 gram of oil which is a tiny amount.

if you are short of funds, it would be better to take these capsules than none at all so that you get the all important vitamin D, but don't buy any more.

If you can afford to replace them now - give them to your family. That way they get the protective effects of vitamin D.
Doctors Best 10,000 IU is my choice. It is contains olive oil.
Thank you so much for all your replies - really helpful! My vit d results came back as 84. From reading other posts on this forum I am thinking I should take a megadose of 150,000 and then 5,000 or 10,000iu per day depending on sunshine? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Hilary
Yes the megadose and then 10,000IU per day and then retest in about 3 months.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks Kashu!
9 posts Page 1 of 1