6 posts Page 1 of 1
Had my labs done here in the USA and this is what came back:

Vitamin D: 58 ng/mL (doctor sees as normal but I think I can be higher?)

B12: 391 PG/ML (doctor says this was low, as range is from 239 - 931)

Vitamin D: I'm supposed to multiply it X 2.5, right? So that gives me 145... Have I read that we can be as high as 200?

I currently take 10,000 UI daily... and have been for several months. Should I mega dose or just continue as doing?

B12: I had been slacking in taking my 1000mg daily and I'm back on it as of today.

Note: I'm having out-patient surgery next week it seems... Should I mega-dose before out-patient in any of this? Or am I okay with what I'm doing?

Doctor offered to RX me 1000 mg a day of B12, but also said I could buy my own and I told him I was fine getting my own sublingual methylcobalamin

Thanks for any insights you can send my way
WalkingByFaith wrote: Had my labs done here in the USA and this is what came back:

Vitamin D: 58 ng/mL (doctor sees as normal but I think I can be higher?)

B12: 391 PG/ML (doctor says this was low, as range is from 239 - 931)

Vitamin D: I'm supposed to multiply it X 2.5, right? So that gives me 145... Have I read that we can be as high as 200?

I currently take 10,000 UI daily... and have been for several months. Should I mega dose or just continue as doing?

B12: I had been slacking in taking my 1000mg daily and I'm back on it as of today.

Note: I'm having out-patient surgery next week it seems... Should I mega-dose before out-patient in any of this? Or am I okay with what I'm doing?

Doctor offered to RX me 1000 mg a day of B12, but also said I could buy my own and I told him I was fine getting my own sublingual methylcobalamin

Thanks for any insights you can send my way

I would do a megadose as you are still not high enough. I take 10,000IU per day but maintain my level over 200 nmol . On top of that anytime I have extra stress like sickness, tragedy, surgery etc I take a mini megadose to provide extra support. I find I have to as my body constantly drains my vit d reserves.

I also keep my B12 levels up in the high end of the range.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks for responding! Even with all the recent posting, I still don't know how much I should megadose? and when you say megadose, that's only d3, right? I've never read of b12 megadoses on here
Hi Isa

It is possible to have a B12 megadose. My non-MS friend was recently found to be B12 deficient and her GP gave her a megadose and she is now supplementing. I am afraid I have no idea about dosage/levels.

Rachel
I was suggesting a Vit D megadose of 150,000IU and continue on your usual daily dose. Test again 3 months later to see if your level is better.

You would only do one for B12 in extreme cases I would have thought.

It isn't toxic though and I have the 5000 ug tabs from iherb to boost my levels when needed.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks! I did 70000 of D3 today. I will do another 8 for good measure tomorrow ;)
6 posts Page 1 of 1