8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Vit D results were 138nmol. I took a megadose of 175,000iu about 30mins ago and I'm now feeling a bit "funny", shaky and slightly dizzy. Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Denise.
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
My immediate thought was it is hot in the UK are you hydrated
Good point veg, I'll get some extra water down me!
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
I always have strange sensations - particularly dizziness - but also just feeling off, whenever I take any more than 5,000IU per day! I thought I was the only one...

I wouldn't worry about it, though.

If possible get your your blood level checked, if your Vit D is low out of the range it should be then, I was told to take at least 5,000 IU daily.

Also for a two week period to double the dose.

I'm in the USA and unit of measure given is IU

I've not had any negative side effects from sunlight or Vit D supplements. If anything I feel calmer.
Yes although not common vit D has the potential to react just the same as ANYTHING we put in our mouths, we are all individuals.
You have done a good sized one now so drop your daily dose down to 10,000IU per day and take it with food and note how you feel. If ok continue but if not the next day try splitting the dose morning and night with food. Or take it before bed so you notice it less.

Might be trial and error. It also just could have been a once off coincidence :D
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thank you for all of the replies. I've never had any negative side affects from vit D supplements before and I have taken 10,000iu a day for a long time. Im embarrassed to say that, due to my nervousness over such a large amount, I panicked a little bit and that the dizziness could of been a symptom of a slight panic attack!! I felt better within the hour anyway, so no harm done :oops:
Thanks for the advice though, it's appreciated :)
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
That's good u have it sorted! A good experience tho for others to learn from ;)
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
8 posts Page 1 of 1