8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I would like to share my experience with vitamin D level.

I am from Slovakia and we dont have many sunny days during year except summer. I am man and have 77 - 80 kg.

I did my first vitamin D test in february 2014 with result of 60 nmol. I was suprised because i took 2500 IU daily as vigantol oil. By that time I took it several years.

So i decided to increase that amount. I ordered vitamin D 5000 IU in one tablet. First I took megadose of 140 000 IU. Then I took 1000 IU as vigantol oil daily plus 5000 IU daily during week and 10000 IU daily during weekend as tablets.
It was an average of 7400 IU daily.
After several months I did my vitamin D level test again with result of 177 nmol. It was 26.9.2014.

I am very happy of this result. And becuase winter is coming I decided to take 10 000 IU from tablet daily plus 1000 IU as vigantol oil. So it will be 11 000 IU daily.

I hope this post help to set your optimal daily intake of vitamin D.

Matus
Thank you for sharing.
Hope you are feeling good and with good energy levels.

Do you know what the oil is in the vigantol oil product?
Actually I feel really good.

In the information label about vigantol they write only about list of excipients. And they are medium-chain triglycerides.
I would like to actualize my post. After I posted this thread I come from 7400 IU to 10000 IU, that means two 5000 IU tablet daily. I also stopped take vigantol.
My vitamin D level is 288 nmol to this day (14.7.2015).

Matus
Wow that is high.. :). I guess it might have something to do with the scorching heatwave you have had in Slovakia.
I wouldn't worry about that level. Retest in 2 months and see if it is stable at that level and adjust daily dose of needed.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
ZbojnickaLdn wrote: Wow that is high.. :). I guess it might have something to do with the scorching heatwave you have had in Slovakia.

No, I do not think so :).

Kashu wrote: I wouldn't worry about that level. Retest in 2 months and see if it is stable at that level and adjust daily dose of needed.

I am very happy that I am so high. It was my aim.
I don't think you need worry either Firidion, my level is around that too and my GP is happy with it.

Hopefully many more doctors will start to realise just how important vitamin D is to good health, for everybody!
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
8 posts Page 1 of 1