5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all - came across this for those interested... esp. those new to the OMG gang - https://labdoor.com/rankings/vitamin-d. OK IU not high enough, but perhaps presents decent brand names.

Be well and stay safe
Thank you for that it is an excellent resource for many different reasons.

I'm pleased to find my brand in the A class.

Don't think the extra is an issue it is nice to know we are not being ripped off for a change :D

Good info about toxticity and good to print out for resistant docs.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Kashu / all

Re toxicity also try this http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vi ... itamin-d/# (if not already).

Brgds

AP
Yes thanks this is good too. I have used it in the past.

I am fortunate to have good docs and Neuro.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks for this ratings list. I looked for hte brand I've been taking for about 6 months since I started following hte OMS programme, after reading aobut it on the UK MS Trust webiste. The brand is Bio-Tech D3-5 and D3-50 (5 000 and 50 000 IUs dose) but it's not in the ratings nor when I put it into Search on hte website. Not sure what to make of that, but it raises the whole issue of who or what to trust (outside of evidence-based findings, for which many thanks. ) Bio-Tech may be perfectly legitimate and the ratings site selective for some reason, who knows, but it just reminds me we're at the mercy of almost anyone who wants to say anything. Probably I just need to switch brand. I got these (from House of Bentley online) because they are powder in a capsule that can be emptied out. I thought the value was ok considering thsi is a food product, has to be sterile etc and a year's supply - about £9 for both.

Incidentally re House of Bentley I have a mixed report that might be of interest if anyone is thinking of using them. Prompt service etc but perhaps carelessly I didn;t check they were in date for a few months, when I found one container had been out of date when htey sent them! I let them know this, and to thier credit House of Bentley sent me a larger container with an apology. Incidentally they were quite casual about the product being out of date when I said I'd been taking what was at best a placebo for months. They did more than replace them but said the manufacturer woudl say they don't; go out of date for ages. ( Apparently this is quite likely as Vit D is quite stable.)

I have mixed feelings about all of this - whose information can be trusted? (Again I am deeply grateful for the evidence-based approach of htis site and its recommendations. I am thinking of the manufacturers of the products ot put them into action.) I will just have to switch brand so it isn;t a worry and check my level against the original 52 it was 6 months ago. But it all leaves a bad taste.
Derbyshire, UK. Diagnosis 2012, OMS 2015.
5 posts Page 1 of 1