4 posts Page 1 of 1
I was online reseraching vitamins and happend upon a website forum where they were talking about a study done specifically for MS patients where they tested ten over the counter bottles of Vitamin D and found them not to have the amount of IU's the label claims they have.

Then I was reading on where someone said they use Country Life Vitamin D- 5000 IU's and it works for them....good, i thought, thats what i use. Then, someone else posted that they contain MCT or medium chain triglycerides which are made up of refined oils???...one of them being coconut oil??

I looked it up to make sure, and sure enough they are made with MCT's...
So i just ordered vitamin D from worldwidehealthcenter.net., advocated on this website.

Am I overreacting to this....I am thinking the MCT's ARE NOT GOOD!!! obviously, and here I am taking them everyday....
Does anyone know anything about MCT's and why they would put them in vitamins!!!! I am very aggravated over this!!
Forgot to add that I give the same brand of vitamin D to my kids....I am assuming I should switch theirs as well???

THanks....
Just wanted to make this a new post again...does anyone know if the MCT's added to the vitamin D supplements are harmful?
I am sure it is just a very very small amount since the caps themselves are very small. I just dont know if I should buy my kids other vitamin D's. I bought them from Iherb.com.
njmom wrote: I was online reseraching vitamins and happend upon a website forum where they were talking about a study done specifically for MS patients where they tested ten over the counter bottles of Vitamin D and found them not to have the amount of IU's the label claims they have.
[...]

njmon, thanks for the heads-up.
Can you post that URL please?

Just to throw a little something in the ring, here's a PDF from the USDA on vitamin D, some of the fish liver levels are phenomenal (693k IU per 100gm from swordfish liver!) http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/Other/vit_d99.pdf
4 posts Page 1 of 1