5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all, how are you? Are you all keeping mighty fine?

It may just be me, but I find after exercise like cycling, running or weights I get a period ( not all the time) when my symptoms have more or less gone! Nothing -Zip. But after a few days some symptoms start creeping back. Does anyone else experience this? Would you say that the exercise is blunting off symptoms for a while and that is normal or could it be a sign that my new lifestyle is working and it just happens to be more obvious after exercise? I do not know. Amazing what you think of while you are sat in the office working - honestly! :D

Take Care All

Phil XXXXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Would you say that the exercise is blunting off symptoms for a while and that is normal or could it be a sign that my new lifestyle is working and it just happens to be more obvious after exercise?

I'd say probably a bit of both!
I find that it just makes me feel better :)I used to do quiet a lot of exercise but have to pace myself now so I don't wear myself out always find it gives me a boost mentally and helps me feel better :) can make me tired but fatigue is a bit of a problem for me but happy to have a siesta after a workout :) keep going with the exercise anything that you think helps with symptoms is a bonus and keeping your self strong us a big plus :)
Yes, exercise makes me feel much better too, mentally and physically. Before MS I always felt better mentally after exercise. I used to think it was due to the extra surge of oxygen flowing round my body. Yesterday I went for a 2 hour gentle bike ride and today my walking is better than it has been for a long time, but like you, the good effects won't last. Like Delb I have to pace myself - sometimes exercise can really wipe me out. Evenings are a good time to go to the gym, then you can zonk out afterwards!
I find that I'm much more clear-headed and focused after exercising, and if I know it's going to be a challenging day at work I make a definite effort to get either some running or swimming in beforehand. As for symptoms, I think the endorphins in my case diminish them. Sounds like you are on the right track if it's working for you.
5 posts Page 1 of 1