12 posts Page 2 of 2
just thought I mention this as I haven't found a link anywhere here: I 've found a DVD called Dahn Yoga for MS, it's about 55 mins long and has some poses in common with Hatha Yoga and a lot of 'energy' components where you tap along acupuncture meridians to facilitate energy flow. I have trouble with balance and normally walk down stairs kind of leaning into the wall or trailing a hand along to balance myself. Directly after doing this DVD, I walk unassisted and feel pretty darn fantastic :)

I haven't yet done it often enough to report on ongoing results. I did google Dahn Yoga and it seems to have been mentioned in relation to some cult stuff, but no attempt to get anyone to do anything is made on the DVD. I just love the benefits and hope they'll be more permanent going forward. Exercises are also very easy to follow and the teacher shows some variations for people in a wheelchair etc
That's great. I do hatha yoga, which focuses on breathing. I feel like I'm reconnecting with my body every time I do it. If anyone hasn't tried yoga, I can't recommend it enough. It's not strenuous, it's not competative (in a real class) and it's not religious.

Yoga is nothing short of amazing.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
12 posts Page 2 of 2