5 posts Page 1 of 1
Finally something about MS and diet. Wonder if these folks have ever heard of OMS or how to inform them about it. Surely in this day and age of the internet, they have.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/multiple-sc ... cts-study/
My feeling? Of course they have, but as I have posted before about my own experience and the advice I have been given by many people-it is easier to give the advice as if it is new (which in itself is telling that they are aware that this programme is working). I have said before doctors precribe medication because they can prove they did this. Diet is relying on individual adherence.

Valley
I emailed Dr Katz Sand and here is her reply.

Thank you for your interest in our work! Of course I am quite familiar with Dr. Jelinek. The problem is that to really determine something has benefit in MS, it needs to be studied in a formal, scientifically rigorous fashion. This is why we are working hard to accomplish this goal. Hopefully we will be able to show that dietary changes can really benefit MS patients and help all of those living with this disease.

Best Regards,

Ilana Katz Sand, MD

I bolded the "formal scientifically rigorous fashion", as it's both the good and bad news IMO. Unless covered by double blind, rigorous scientific fashion, and peer review, and further scientific rigorous research to confirm, (or rebutt), the findings of the initial research, then more peer review etc, all of which takes time, effort and money, very few things change.

My hope is, that those subjects of the research, find the site, and get their own information base to continue on the OMS path.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Is it not always the way that everything has to be backed up by experts and extensive research. It is to me just like being in college. You back every point you make with references to others, considered experts in their field. The thing is you leave with a real respect for these experts, but also a real sense of what's right for you and your own life.

Valley
Valley wrote: Is it not always the way that everything has to be backed up by experts and extensive research. It is to me just like being in college. You back every point you make with references to others, considered experts in their field. The thing is you leave with a real respect for these experts, but also a real sense of what's right for you and your own life.

Valley

Well said Valley.
5 posts Page 1 of 1