14 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Gina,

My usual day starts with cereal - rolled oats soaked in a little apple juice concentrate and toasted in a low oven until crunchy, with berries/banana, trail mix and chia seeds or porridge with soy milk.

lunch at home is usually a salad sandwich (with hummous or some other 'dip' instead of marg/butter - I also love hummous with grated carrot sandwiches) or tinned tuna, tomato and avocado on a toasted sandwich. If out and about, maybe sushi.

Dinner really varies - for instance tonight we had spiced chickpeas, last night was pasta, tomorrow night we're having salmon with a sweet chilli and balsamic glaze and vegies. Other meals on high rotation are soups (like lentil or pumpkin), pasta, fish rissoles, chickpea tacos etc. I have two toddlers so dinner needs to be kid-friendly.

Snacks are fruit, sesame snaps, popcorn, dip with seaweed crackers. Treats are sorbet or (occasionally) toast with natural peanut butter and honey. I also bake (using recipes from here or low-fat vegan websites) so usually there is a friand or a slice of cake for supper!

Hope this helps,

shelly
If you're looking for variety, and have access to a public or university library, try requesting a bunch of vegan/fat free/omega 3-type cookbooks. Even if the library doesn't have a very big collection, they will often be able to request items from other libraries via interlibrary loan. That way, you can try a few recipes and then decide if it's something you want to buy.

I rarely make the same thing more than once a month unless I have a craving.

My current favorite cookbook is Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Take a look inside on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Reductio ... 099&sr=8-1

I've also enjoyed recipes from Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health:
http://www.amazon.com/Moosewood-Restaur ... 158&sr=1-1

If anyone has any other specific cookbooks they like, I'd love to hear. :)

Recent meals have included:

apple & sweet potato soup
raw broccoli salad with dried cranberries
mushroom & barley "risotto"
black bean & quinoa salad
fish tacos
... to name just a few!
Anyone know where I can get pitas without added oils in the US??
I don't have much variety in my daily diet other than a change in seasonal vegetables or fruit but I'm not someone who really needs variance just as long as I cover all my healthy bases :).

Breakfast
2 x Organic wholemeal spelt pieces of toast with flaxseed oil and jam. (I just recently changed to spelt and I'm loving it, still has gluten but so much lighter)
Glass of grapefruit juice
Coffee

I've not been feeling like meat much lately but if I do I usually have it on one of the toasts instead of jam in the mornings, like some sardines or eggwhites.

Basically lunch and dinner is usually the same, on the weekend I make up a massive pot of all the vegetables I feel like that look nice at the shop that week, carrots, potato, shallots, onions, broccoli, pumpkin, spinach etc etc anything I feel like peel it cut it all up add some ginger and garlic and boil it for an hour. Then I blend it all to the consistency of baby food and store it in servings enough for a big bowl usually is enough for 5 days depending on if I have it for both lunch and dinner.

Snacks are usually fruits of some type or seeds, coffee,tea and usually a bottle of ginger beer(I love that stuff, only soft drink I drink now days) .

If I'm still hungry I'll have a bowl of cornflakes or some other cereal, lately mainly gluten free ones with some lite soymilk. I've always loved cereal and it almost feels like a treat hah.

If I'm out somewhere with no food I'll just have a salad sandwich, most foodcourt type places have a sandwich place or I'll just go to subway.

It's pretty easy eating like this after you've done it for a while :).
14 posts Page 2 of 2