18 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone,

The last post of what we all ate on a particular day worked well, it's getting long though so I'd though we'd start a new one. Here goes.

Breakfast - Banana Smoothie - soy milk and soy yogurt, chia seeds soaked, oats zipped first up, flaxseed oil.

Lunch - Bruschetta - with borotolli beans, olives, red onion, (recipe in recipe section)

Snack - nectarine x 2, pistachio nuts

Dinner - Pumpkin, eggplant, chickpea stew with cous cous (recipe in recipe section)

Dessert - sorbet

What did you have today?
Hi,

I haven't tried a soy yoghurt yet. It took me quite a while to find a soy milk that I like. Do you recommend a particular brand?

Cheers,

Sue
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
@1975F Why do you soak the chia seeds? Just wondering because I have been eating them mixed with soy yogurt, straight from the bag.
Hi Sue,

I like the Kingland soy yogurts. They are in a four pack (strawberry, blueberry, apricot, mango) and are normally around all the vege/tofu products in the chiller section of Coles. The SoyLife yogurts that are in the dairy section with all the other yogurts are revolting!

Louise xox
Thanks Louise!
Cheers,

Sue

Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
hi guys,,,, is it okay to take soy products? i'm trying to find alternatives to diary :)
Hi Susan,

Soy is fine, but please read the labels on everything to ascertain the saturated fat content.

Cheers,

Sue
Cheers,

Sue

I agree with Louise in that all the Soy yogurts are revolting except Kingland and even that sits on the fence for me.

I have started making my own soy yogurt so I thought I would share with you all the receipe if you can be bothered.

You take a 1/4 cup of your favorite natural yogurt (now that is the part that is going to be hard to find). I was lucky because I know someone else who makes their own soy yogurt and she gave me my 1/4 cup starter.

So here is the method

You boil 1 litre of your favorite soy yogurt for 2 minutes then remove from stove and allow to cool for say approximately 15 minutes. I usually transfer the boiled milk into a cold bowl to speed this process.

When your little finger can tolerate the temperature for 11 seconds, slowly add to the 1/4 cup starter and stir slowly.

Place in an ceramic caserole dish with lid or glass bowl with a plate on top. Don't use plastic.

Then cover with a big tea towel or small towel and put in a draft free room or cupboard for 8 - 12 hours. I usually do it some time before I go to bed and not on a hot and humid day (that was just my choice).

The next day you have your yogurt!! Now some may like it slightly runny, I like it thick so I strain the yogurt.

This may sound very time consuming to some but trust me once you have made it, the next and subsequence times are so easy and it keeps for a few weeks (take note of the use by date also on the milk you are using)

This is a recipe that has been passed through generations so if you find that you like it as I do you obviously can double the starter and milk to make more and cut down time. You can also use whatever milk you like.

Remember though if you like the yogurt save a 1/4 cup at the end of eating it so you can start the whole process off again.

Good luck
Sharon
Thanks for the yoghurt recipe, Sharon. I am going to give it a go.

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - porridge with fresh figs, maple syrup and soy milk

Lunch - lentil and vegetable soup with sourdough

Dinner - Grilled salmon with steamed potatoes, green beans and broccoli

Snacks - hummus and carrot sticks, fruit
Has anyone tried making yoghurt from almond milk? Or even rice milk.

Chia seeds are easily digested without soaking or grinding. But perhaps they're sprouted to start germination? If so does it change the nutrition profile?

Today:

Toasted cinnamon scrolls, banana, flax oil, tea, more tea
porridge + apple, blueberries, raw honey on top, black coffee
Apple, herb tea, snakes /:-
Fresh sardines, butterflied, poached* skinside down in lemon juice, rind, mirin, loads of garlic, & enough water to keep it from sticking too much then parsley, plus grated daikon radish, pickled umeboshi plum, & pumpkin miso soup
Fruit
Green tea
Almonds

* trying to avoid grilling fatty fish as don't want to overheat om3s

Didnt exercise. (will vacuum - does that count?) sunbathed in a sunshower which was fun. Slept well last night. Perhaps we should do "program for the day". Haven't meditated lately but am practicing calmness (on top of mindfulness).
18 posts Page 1 of 2