16 posts Page 2 of 2
Hello Everyone
Ok Yesterday's menu -
My Winter Breakfast Smoothie. Recipe - blend about 3/4 cup berries ( I find a combination of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are the best) with 1 teaspoon linseed meal, 2 teaspoons flaxseed oil and 3/4 cup warmed soy or other milk. Nectar!!

Lunch was a serve of Eggplant in Tomato microwaved with about 2 cups of baby spinach leaves. This idea is a good shortcut lunch. You can take a serve of almost any cooked dish, like lentils, vege curry etc and microwave it with a mountain of spinach leaves which wilt down to give you a fabulous healthy lunch.

Dinner was Spicy Lentils with roast potatoes

The OMS diet plan is a whole new world of beautiful food for me and I wouldn't go back.
Hopefully a snack to make you smile: I do have meal reipes, too I can give you though I'm never very precise about measurements. Our daughter has ms & I have had to learn a new way of cooking to make sure she has lots of delicious food when she visits. Like you, she is a very small person & initially I worried about her losing weght on this diet. At the moment though, she is tandeming through
Eastern Europe & managing on this diet pretty well.

Sesame Bliss Balls

1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
2tbspns flax seeds (also called linseed seeds)
1 cup walnuts or almonds
1 tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup seseme seeds
Place dates, riasins, flax seeds and nuts in the bowl of a food processor and process to mince.
Add spices & process to combine-mixture should be a thick textured paste. Warm honey in a small saucepan until liquid. Add honey to ground fruit & nut mixture and process to combine. Shape into walnut sized balls & place on a small tray. Roll in seseme seeds to coat.
will keep about 3 weeks stored n the fridge.
OK, here's yesterday's

Breakfast - bircher oats with grated apple, cinnamon, honey, rice milk, chopped almonds and sunflower seeds, + FSO
Lunch - leftover pasta with tuna, onion, chickpeas, tomato soup (next time I'll microwave some baby spinach leaves with it! - thanks, El)
Dinner - Vegetable Lasagne + salad

Snacks - fruit cake (half a slice), nuts and dried fruit, mandarine, fresh-picked snow peas
Drinks - 1 cup tea, many cups rooibos, water, 1 glass white wine
Me today:

Breakfast - Porridge with soy milk, home made almond butter and maple syrup
Morning snack - home made pumpkin and cinnamon muffin
Lunch - home made celeriac and chick pea soup
Afternoon snack - soy chai
Dinner - black beans with sweet potato, avocado and salsa.

All good :)
one day from me :)

breakfast: homemade vegan muffin & coffee w soymilk
lunch: salad with sardines
dinner: rice & beans with veggies and FSO

snacks: almonds, fat free flat pretzels, peach, veggie crudites, few ginger chews :)

It's really encouraging (after nearly one year on the diet) to see that finally I'm easily able to stay under the 10g of sat fat!!!!
DX March 2011, OMS October 2011
Member of the Weebly Wobbly Club (class of '13)
that is great ^

breakfast: gluten free cereal whole grain blend, dried fruits, blue berries and peach, milled flax seed/sunflower/pumpkin, whole flax seeds and flax oil plus rice drink
lunch: home made tomato, red pepper, carrot, onion soup with asparagus rings and left over veg and white beans in it. Buckwheat crisp breads x 10
dinner: brown rice, big pile of mixed green veg, left over cauliflour and puy lentil curry with added fresh tomato
snacks: cherries, cape gosberries, raddish, dates, home made banana bread, walnut.
easy well under 10g sat fat.
16 posts Page 2 of 2