9 posts Page 1 of 1
This is a typical days food for me, yesterdays in fact. I'm really curious what others eat in a normal day, it would be good to know if I'm doing ok and also for gaining other ideas about what to cook... I only recently found out you can roast Kohlrabi whole and it was really lovely!

Morning: Green juice (whole brocolli, 3 leaves chard, 1 carrot, 1/2 lemon, 1 beet with leaves, 5 cabbage leaves, 2 sticks of celery, any cauliflower leaves).
Breakfast: Quinoa muesli with quinoa milk. Black coffee.
Lunch: 1 tin of sardines, 1 tin of mackerel (both in olive oil). A banana.
Afternoon: Green juice similar to the morning one.
Dinner: Fish (grilled) with lots of greens (chard, kohlrabi, cabbage, red pepper, tomato, borage & leek) cooked in a little olive oil and garlic.
Evening: Fruit salad with kiwi, orange, pear, apple, raisins & goji berries.

I drink decaf green tea or water during the day. Once or twice a week I'll have a small glass of red wine in the evening.

What did you eat yesterday?
That's great well done!
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I am envious of your green drinks...I can't do it, I urge every time!

Ok so yesterday I ate

Breakfast-gluten free oatmeal with almond milk, 1 tbsp flax oil and blueberries

Lunch-Mary's crackers and hummus, almond yogurt and a sharon fruit

Supper- brown rice pasta with a bechamel sauce made from cauliflower, spinach, nutritional yeast, and a salad with Asian salad dressing (sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, evoo, miso, ginger and garlic).

Snacks- banana and almond butter, 1-2 cups strawberries.
Yesterday,
toasted pane de casa with lemon EVOO and banana.
long black coffee
half a smoked trout with nothing.
snack was rice cakes with lima bean dip as spread. has lime and mint teaves from the garden.
Cardarmon and Pumpkin Pilaf with some flax dressing (honey,mustard, apple cider vinegar) asparagus
water and earl grey T with a little oat milk
Today similar but plenty of sauted green leaves for lunch.
The Cardarmon and Pumpkin Pilaf sounds lovely. Would you mind posting the recipe please.

Ashley, I find a 'down the hatch and glug as fast as you can in one' approach helps :lol: Adding 1/2 a lemon, or a few carrots or a beet definitely helps the taste.
I've done that too:) I have to get back into it.

I love reading others menus :) You are an impressive bunch.
Ok will post the Cardarmon and pumpkin pilaf, but need to ask the publisher first. as they did request it.
at the first impression it was lacking wow, but at the end of the meal we were pleased and satisfied.
ron
Have looked at this site to see if it is here and on the home page , check out our great recipes, - side dish. there is Pilau rice, and it is almost the same. it is soak Brown rice for 1 hour first, ck absorbtion for 15 minutes, then add bite size pieces of pumpkin and capsicum and put all into casserole in oven for 30 minutes.
cheers. :)
Got it, thanks :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1