10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm looking for some dinner ideas that are really quick and easy for when fatigue has taken over, any suggestions?

Many thanks,
JD
There are lots of ideas in the 'what did you eat today' thread I'll find it later.
Hi

I would suggest making extra portions when you are not feeling fatigued and then freezing them, so you always have something on hand.

A very quick and simple veg chili that I make:

1 400g tin of tomatoes
1 small tin of chickpeas
1 400g tin of mixed bean salad
1 chopped chili

Chop the chili finely - discard the seeds if you don't like it too hot.
Rinse the chickpeas and mixed bean salad in cold water.
Put everything into a pan with the tinned tomatoes.
Heat.
Serve with rice, jacket potato, or couscous (the quickest accompaniment)

I make this in the morning while I am eating breakfast and then take a portion to work with me. It makes about 4 servings, so plenty to freeze.

Rachel
Found it.
I wish it was made a pinned topic.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3223
Coming home after a long day and a 2 hour commute home, the quickest meal for me is stir fry veg. So easy and quick. If I have a piece of wild caught salmon (always wild as they feed farmed salmon pellets with chicken and vegetable oil according to the Tassel website!!) in the fridge I throw that in too.

Otherwise if I'm organised I'll have made Jamie Oliver's vegan shepards pie and have it in the freezer ready to go as a quick meal.

I'm also lucky to have a really healthy Mexican take away nearby or vegetarian take away.

Failing that a freshly squeezed juice or smoothie!!
I always keep baked beans in the pantry, I prefer to warm them gently in a lidded pan, following a tough day I'll walk through the door, open the can of beans, start the pan on the stove top, grab the bread put it in the toaster ready to toast, go take a 10 minute shower, put on some pj's or a robe, press the switch for the toaster, stir the beans, dry my hair, and be ready for diner!

Here in the States most beans are pork and beans, or beans and pork, so I do make my own beans in bulk from scratch, then freeze them in the sauce in single portion round tupperware, then once frozen I bag them separated with wax paper circles in bigger Ziplocs, if I know it's going to be a killer day, I'll take out a bean puck, and pop it in the pan to thaw during the day, if I don't remember, it defrosts in the microwave while I shower, then warms in the 10 minutes it takes to dry my hair.
Be well, live long and prosper!
This is what another Doctor told me...

The one thing we can be sure of is that Australasian food labelling accuracy is way, way ahead of the US Senate-mandated standards in USA [slavishly followed in Canada]. North American food labelling is so innacurate and corrupted that it's generally not worth the cost of the label - be warned! This is one more sticking point in any progression to "Free Trade" agreements with North America, for what they're worth. How wild are those Canadian salmon, and are they the best salmon variety?
Great thanks so much for all the replies, very helpful!

JD
My go-to quick meal is usually baked fish. Wrap it in tinfoil with a half can of diced tomatoes and some onion, throw some baby spinach on top, squeeze lemon juice over it, then toss in the oven. A 6oz filet usually takes about 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.

If you're feeling ambitious you can make some pasta to serve it over, but you don't have to either. If you're looking for a quick, healthy side, get some asparagus, take a paper towel and get it wet then smooth it out. Wrap the asparagus in the wet paper towel and stick it in the microwave -- it will steam like a charm. Depending on how much asparagus you've got in there, it can take 1-3 minutes. Experiment to get the consistency you like.
Sounds yum and very easy. Thanks!
10 posts Page 1 of 1