7 posts Page 1 of 1
I saw that Baileys were introducing a vegan version, but then saw that it was only available in a couple of states in the US (and not in any other country), but this got me thinking and I've come up with a passable Baileys alternative for the holidays:

This has been made by adding ingredients, tasting, adding a bit more of whatever is required, tasting again and so on. Because of this, I don't know the exact quantities and this is a guess

100 ml whiskey
400ml non dairy milk (I used almond)
100g plain cashews
2 teaspoons honey/maple syrup (complete guess about quantity)
2 teaspoons espresso (you don't need much coffee at all)

Put the cashews and milk in a blender (ideally Nutribullet or similar) and blend until completely smooth. Adjust milk/cashew proportion to get the right consistency. Add cashew cream and all other ingredients to a bottle and shake vigorously. Taste and adjust ingredients as required. If you want to keep tasting, you've probably got it right.

Happy Holidays.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
I've been missing a Baileys, oh so much. Will have to give this one a whirl. Many thanks. :D
Used to love a baileys and then it got too sweet for me. Is this very sweet?
Valley wrote: Used to love a baileys and then it got too sweet for me. Is this very sweet?

Make it with no honey, taste, add a bit of honey, taste again, repeat.

Half the fun is in the tasting :-)
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Diggity wrote: I saw that Baileys were introducing a vegan version, but then saw that it was only available in a couple of states in the US (and not in any other country), but this got me thinking and I've come up with a passable Baileys alternative for the holidays:

This has been made by adding ingredients, tasting, adding a bit more of whatever is required, tasting again and so on. Because of this, I don't know the exact quantities and this is a guess

100 ml whiskey
400ml non dairy milk (I used almond)
100g plain cashews
2 teaspoons honey/maple syrup (complete guess about quantity)
2 teaspoons espresso (you don't need much coffee at all)

Put the cashews and milk in a blender (ideally Nutribullet or similar) and blend until completely smooth. Adjust milk/cashew proportion to get the right consistency. Add cashew cream and all other ingredients to a bottle and shake
sizzling hot slot vigorously. Taste and adjust ingredients as required. If you want to keep tasting, you've probably got it right.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks for delicious recipe!
I'm not overweight. God just loved my body so much he made more of me!
Diggity, I have just made this recipe and it is sublime! Thank you so much for posting.

This is my first forum post (I was diagnosed 3 months ago) and I had intended to write a proper introduction during the holidays when time permitted (I'm a full time teacher and mum to a busy 11 year old).

I do check the posts everyday and many of the names (yours included) have become reassuringly familiar. More about me, my dx and my instant conversion to OMS in another post. Suffice it to say that OMS and all the amazing advice has ensured that I'm facing Christmas with a positive mental attitude and hope for the future - a far cry from how I felt when I heard the dreaded, 'you have ms.'

Anyway, thanks again - I raise a glass to you and all the OMSers!

TuffMum x
Oh just yesterday I thought how I miss a nice shot of Baileys come Christmas time and wondered if I can substitute! And here it is! Nice OMS friendly one.

Many thanks I will def try to make this.

M.
7 posts Page 1 of 1