2 posts Page 1 of 1
Blue Cross Blue Shield just removed Brand Name Copaxone from their 2020 covered drug list and only covers the generic Glatiramer Acetate. Has anyone switched from Copaxone to the generic? What was your experience with that? Any risks or watch-outs to consider?
Hello.
I had to switch 2 years ago because my insurance switched to generic as well. I started on the Mylan Glatiramer Acetate and it was really generic, even the packaging looked cheap. I took that for about 6 months then I found Glatopa which is another generic for Copaxone that my insurance covers and that's what I've been on ever since. It's made in the USA and it seems to be of higher quality than the Mylan and I request it now.

I didn't notice any side effects or anything when I switched either. I was not happy at first but now I realize that Copaxone left deep pits in my muscles and I don't like it. But the generic form for some reason doesn't do that to my skin.

So, all in all, I'm pretty okay with the switch. I'm not going to use the word happy because I'm not happy that I have to do it in the first place. :) I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.

Michelle
2 posts Page 1 of 1