29 posts Page 1 of 3
Hoping there might be an Aucklander out there that knows of a GP that might prescribe LDN?

I took the info to my GP - he had never heard of it and could only find "Naltrexone" on his search rather than LDN. He said he would contact "my" neurologist (who I have only seen twice - pre diagnosis and then to advise diagnosis 2 years ago) and let me know but 2 months later I've heard nothing so I assume she wasn't keen either.

I emailed someone from a LDN website that had a worldwide list but the only NZ one is Waikanae (north of Wellington) so not really a practical option! My next step is to ring a compounding pharmacy in Glenfield and ask if they know of anyone but thought I'd try you guys first!

Thanks so much, really keen to try LDN as there are so many positive stories.
There is a GP in Birkenhead Medical Centre that one other member told me she was under back in 2011. I have just emailed her to ask if she is still on it.

He was happy to prescribe it for her because he felt she had done the research. Quite forward thinking doc I thought.

LDN is Low Dose Naltrexone so the doc was on the right track. It is only used in higher doses to help people who are addicted to opiate drugs so docs won't see anything that indicates it should be used for MS. The Neurologist's answer here in Auckland will probably be "I have no experience in using it" end of discussion so the GP will not go against that if they seek advice first.

For MS if you choose to use it is prescribed in very low doses in comparison to the drug withdrawal program.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thank you so much Kashu I really appreciate you replying and emailing your friend.

I had all the print outs showing dosage of 3.5 for MS vs the 50mg for drug withdrawal and left those with him but as you say, if the neurologist doesn't have knowledge of it he wouldn't be wanting to take any risks. The MS NZ Society even has a positive page on it and then then there are all the other LDN websites with positive testimonies.

Thank you again, it won't be the end of the world if I can't try it but I was keen to see if it would help with symptoms the diet, exercise etc hasn't managed to lift yet.
Suggest that you visit http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org where there is lots of info on LDN including recommended dosages and details to take to your Doctor etc.

I have been taking LDN now for nearly 7 years and have great faith in it.

Best wishes,

Diz
What about LDN in Australia? Anyone been on it? Any children been on it for MS? I only know about getting it onlune from River Pharmacy in canada or Dr. Skip's in US. But I have no script? Can anyone help? please. It is for my 13yr old daughter.
What I ended up doing is finding a local compounding pharmacy and ringing them and explaining my situation and asking if they had any doctors that sent patients to them for LDN. They were so helpful and rang back the next day with 4 doctor's names. i have an appointment with one of them next week so am hopeful of at last making progress. They are a holistic, integrative centre rather than a GP clinic.

So that might be worth trying?

Will update next week to say how I got on.
but_a_dream wrote: What I ended up doing is finding a local compounding pharmacy and ringing them and explaining my situation and asking if they had any doctors that sent patients to them for LDN. They were so helpful and rang back the next day with 4 doctor's names. i have an appointment with one of them next week so am hopeful of at last making progress. They are a holistic, integrative centre rather than a GP clinic.

So that might be worth trying?

Will update next week to say how I got on.

Just what was going to say - I found a prescribing doctor by ringing a compounding pharmacy - they were happy to give me the info - a doctor in East Fremantle if you are in Perth WA and need the contact just message me.
Please do let us know
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks a lot for the info on the Fremantle doc. Will get onto it right away.
Great news, I had my visit with the holistic doctor this morning and he was great! He was happy to prescribe LDN for me - he has one other lady patient on it already and he has prescribed it for several others for other conditions.

Now I just need to get to the compounding pharmacy tomorrow and get it made up!
29 posts Page 1 of 3