3 posts Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if anyone has experience of using both together?

A bit of history - diagnosed 1994 with 'benign' MS (relapses few and far between) but it has really taken a down turn over the past 3 years and I am having mobility problems so use a crutch or sometimes 2. I started OMS Nov 2013 and LDN a month ago. A recent MRI's results came back as showing old lesions but also that 'at least one lesion is actively inflammed'. My neuro had previously said he thought I had turned to SPMS but now he is advocating me starting on tecfidera.

To be honest, I feel frustrated that my symptoms are getting worse and I have active lesions when I have been sticking to OMS 100%. I want to stay on LDN but if going on tecfidera is going to help the symptoms as well, I am willing to try it. My vit d is great ( just had it checked and it is >200).

Any experiences/advice welcome!
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
Hello, I started LDN after being diagnosed. I started Tecfidera months after, when it was first approved. I'm still taking both, and my neuro was fine with it. I think she honestly just doesn't believe in ldn and thinks it won't hurt to just stay on it. It's been a little over year, and I have had no side effects whatsoever and feeling great. Hope you feel better!
Thank you so much for your reply! I am keen to stay on the LDN as I have noticed that it has really helped my fatigue. I am pleased to hear both can be taken together - I think my Neuro will try to discourage the use of LDN, but I will read up so I can convince him!
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
3 posts Page 1 of 1