4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Is anyone on Avonex and LDN? I have been taking Avonex for 2.5 years and am about to start LDN. My neurologist doesn't believe in efficacy of LDN, but prescribed it to me, he also doesn't see any harm in taking it with Avonex. I checked with LDN Research Trust group on Facebook and was advised that while in the past only Copaxon was allowed to take simultaneously with LDN, the current recommendation says other DMDs are OK too.

I would like to hear from people who have been on Avonex and LDN, and how it worked for them.

Thank you,
T.
Really no one here has used Avonex and LDN?
I just use LDN
It’s not common to take LDN with an immune suppressor as LDN activates the immune system.
So they contradict each other.
But in saying that others seem to do ok doing this.
Sorry not much help.
I hope it goes well for you.
LDN helped my fatigue and depression.
Hi Blueberry,

I appreciate you trying to help but your information is incorrect. Avonex doesn't actually suppress the immune system - not all DMDs are the same. LDN doesn't activate the immune system, it modulates it, meaning when it's overactive it calms it down, and when it's sluggish it brings it up. According to LDN Research Trust, my naturopath as well as my very conservative neurologist, both can be taken at the same time. It is an old and outdated information that only Copaxon was allowed while on LDN.

Once again, I would like to hear from people who tried taking both, Avonex and LDN, and what was their personal experience. I don't need speculations on what may or may not work, which causes more confusion than help.

Thank you,
Tedi
4 posts Page 1 of 1