See my Instagram feed @billys_kitchn for more OMS friendly recipe ideas.
Apple and granola loaf cake
Thanks to Gillian for sharing this recipe, a great alternative cake to try instead of banana bread!
Ingredients List for people
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Line the base and sides of a 1kg/ 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment, making sure the paper comes up about 3 cm/1 inch higher than the tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, salt, raisins or sultanas, ground cinnamon, 3/4 of the granola and 3/4 of the apple in a large mixing bowl.
- In a jug mix the non-dairy milk with the vinegar and leave for a couple of minutes to curdle slightly. Then stir in the oil.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just mixed together. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the tin and scatter the remaining granola and apple over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes then cover loosely with foil and bake for a further 35-40 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out, removing the paper and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack.