- 3 tbsp rice vinegar best to use is rice vinegar but otherwise cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey - runny (subs for agave nectar if you are vegan)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1 clove garlic
- half lime - juice of
- 2 spring onion ( can subs with red onion)
- 1 carrot - large or 2 smaller
- 2 radish
- 1/2 raw beetroots (optional)
- 1/2 head red cabbage (small)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Prepare the vegetables by washing and peeling them.
2. Thinly slice the vegetables. If you have a spiraliser or mandolin, that would make things easier., or you can just use a knife or a vegetable peeler.
3. Whisk the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl.
4. Add the sliced veg and leave to marinate for 10+ minutes
5. Serve with nuts or sesame seed
Add nuts if you want more of a crunch
Lovely served with fish and wholewheat rice or noodles. Hold the lime and sesame oil if you want less of an Asian flavour.
You can use whichever veg you have to hand - substitute red onion for the spring onion, add celery or even peppers, brussel spouts, white cabbage, and omit beetroot, red cabbage, carrot.